Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Good Day!

Just bought my HP pavilion netbook 11 inches, 6 months ago and it has a problem to the touch screen monitor, it keeps on clicking on the left side portion of the screen and its very irritating. Please help me how to disable the touch screen function of this.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

In general, please try:

• Press the Windows logo key + X.
  • Select Device Manager from the list.
  • Click the little arrow next to Human Interface Devices to expand the list.
  • Click the touch screen driver,
  • Right-click, and select Disable from the list.
  • Click Yes on the dialog box that asks if you are sure you want to disable the touch screen driver.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I don't have the option 'touch screen driver'. Please help me it's driving me crazy.

HP Recommended
I believe its called the HID-compilant touch screen instead
HP Recommended

great it worked for me...thnks a bunch

HP Recommended

I have a single, repetitive flash at times on my screen that is making it difficult to use my HP Pavilion laptop, as it activates things accidentally.  My screen perceives a touch in this one spot chronically.  Can this be fixed?

If not, can you help me learn how to disable the touchscreen.  I read your advice.  However, under my Human Interface Devices, none says Touchscreen.  Five say "HID compliant device", one says "HP Wireless Button driver", and one says "USB Input Device".

Thank you.

HP Recommended

To    " banhien "  ....  Thank you so very much , worked great on my Pavillion 21 :generic:

HP Recommended

I do not have a driver that indicates touchscreen. My touchscreen has been off for 3 months. I think I know the date it stopped working.

HP Recommended

It usually means u ave a dirty screen.

HP Recommended
I too have the same problem. How did you rectified it?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.