Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i have a major problem with my fans on my pc. It often reaches 80-90 degrees celcuis, when i have been playing a fairly simple game for about 20 minutes. does anyone know what to do? and it dosent seem like i can increase my fan speed in any way. i have been trying almost everything i can find on the internet. please help

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello themanafreak.  I understand your notebook is getting warm during use.

First, you should ensure that the cooling system of the notebook is free of dust and debris but cleaning the notebook as per these instructions.

Also, another good step to take is to ensure that you have the latest version of the BIOS installed.  I can locate the latest BIOS for you if you provide me with your product number.  This document can show you where the product number is located.

Finally, I do not know of a way to increase the fan's speed itself but you can set the fan to "always be on" by doing the following.

1. Reboot your computer and press F10 until the BIOS loads.
  2. Navigate to the System Configuration section.
  3. Ensure that "Fan Always On" is set to enabled.
  4. Navigate to the Exit section and save your changes.

Have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

1. Open the HP CoolSense app.  (hit start; type 'cool....')

2. change the setting to 'coolest mode' while playing your game.  

Fan should turn on 'high'.   You'll hear it.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

it doesnt seem like i can change the settings. i can only turn it on and off. what should i do?

HP Recommended

Hello again themanafreak.

If your question was directed at me you should enable the "Fan Always On" option in the BIOS and make sure to save the settings.

Have a great morning!  🙂

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

hello mate:)

If you will read this I`ll be happy.

I had the same problem you have (high temperature ). The only solution is to clean your fan from dust. The temperature will drop at 50-60 C. Go to a service to do that or do it by your self, but take care when you do it.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a HP dv7 , more or less the same problem,

I did clean up the Fan, it was really very dusty!

And I did enabled " Fan always on" at the BIOS.

But, I am not sure how to update the BIOS,

I went the update page of my product,

& there's a Bios update on 2014,

but How do I know that my Bios is updated ?

Can you please give me an advice how to update my bios in safty ?

oh, yes, my product # is : HP dv7-1103ef

Thanks a lot for your attention

HP Recommended

It's pretty simple. You're going to want to check what the most updated version of the BIOS is, and then remember that version. Shut off your computer, start it back up, and hit F10. The BIOS version should be in the general overview. If the numbers match, you're updated. If not, go to here http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.html , find your computer, and download the appropriate drivers.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.