Question

Student
Keiyul
Message 1 of 3 (12,008 Views)

How to turn LED lights off

Is there a way to turn the LED lights off?

Like the light next to the webcam.

Master's Graduate
CorMit
Message 2 of 3 (12,003 Views)

Re: How to turn LED lights off

Hello Keiyul,

No there is no way to turn off the LED's, the one by the webcam just basically lets you know that it is on and working properly, if it wasn't there then on some sites or some messanger programs people can view your webcam without getting your permission. If that light wasn't there they could access your webcam whenever they wanted and you would not know .. it also gives off light so the webcam can see you when its in a dark room.

--------------------------------
Pavilion DV2714CA, Vista Home Premium 32bit(Successfully running Windows XP Pro SP2), Intel T2330 1.60 GHz, Intel Graphics Accelerator X3100, 4GB RAM, 160 GB HDD --Do everyone a favor Post back your results, Resolved or Not - LEAVE KUDOS !
Honor Student
modster29
Message 3 of 3 (11,570 Views)

Re: How to turn LED lights off

hi there cormit..my problem on my hp dv4-1225ee is that the LED lights doesnt turned on even in dark places..i am not sure if its normal for this model but the guy in the store said LED should be turned on in dark but disappear in a well lighter place..i dont even know if someone can hack my computer and open the webcam.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation