Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have HP Beats Envy 14 and my fn keys are locked to the secondary buttons (backlight, brightness control, volume), I need to press fn to get the default assigned button. What do I need to do to go back to the default setting (where pressing fn would get me to the secondary keys, and I can press f1-f12 without pressing 'fn' at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

It works! Thank you so much! 😃

HP Recommended
Exactly what I was looking for. Thankee
HP Recommended

I tried doing the bios thing and it says "enabled" for for some reason I still have to hold down my function key in order to operate the top keys (F1-F12). Help?

HP Recommended

Some of just escaped out of the BIOS without pressing the F10. Did you do the latter?

HP Recommended

One more thing. Why is this thread marked solved when apparently it is not?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.