Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

1.grab phoenix tool from http://www.sendspace.com/file/n1cz9i
2.extract the folder and then run PhoenixTool
3.obtain the latest BIOS update for your laptop
4.Extract using 7zip or whatever and change the .fd (the one that is the closest thing resembling your rev number which can be found in my case where the battery is along with all the other information about the laptop) to .bin
in my example my .fd was 03672.fd which i changed to 03762.bin
5.Run phoenixtool on the .bin file
You will get loads of files but the two that matter...
- RSA.SIG
- <BIOS>F<VERSION>.bin.DEC (in my case it was 03672F12.bin.dec)
6.using a spare flash drive name it HP_TOOLS (i think it needs to be fat32)
then create a folder called Hewlett-Packard.
then a sub folder called BIOS
then another sub folder called Current
7.Place the 2 files on the usb stick in the Current folder
- RSA.SIG
- <BIOS>F<VERSION>.bin.DEC
8.now change the two filename as such
- RSA.SIG -> <BIOS>.SIG
- <BIOS>F<VERSION>.bin.DEC -> <BIOS>.BIN
in my example:
- 03762F12.bin.DEC -> 03762.BIN
- RSA.SIG -> 03762.SIG

10.Shut down your laptop, plug the USB stick, hold win + B and power on.
Wait for the system bios to flash.

please dont ask me for help as i am no expert im just able to follow instructions well

All credit goes to maxhello for forwarding me to this website http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/35272-HP-Insyde-BIOS-recovery-steps
so ultimatly big props to kallisti5

HP Recommended

Cool, thanks for posting that.

I tried PhoenixTools 2.5 but it didn't work. It wouldn't create the sig file because it didn't have a rw everything report. I don't think mine would have worked anyway because I'm pretty sure the boot block was corrupt.

Anyway, at least yours is up and running again! 🙂

HP Recommended

HOLA! SOY DE ARGENTINA Y TUCUMAN ONU Tengo estafa Problema mi hp notebook HP 1000 FUNCIONABA NORMALMENTE HASTA EL DIA DE HOY, TODO comenzo CUANDO LA ENCENDI, ME Aparécio UN MENSAJE FUGAZ (MUY RAPIDO) DICIENDOME QUE NECESITA REINICIAR O ALGO ASI PORQUE NO Llegue A LEER EL MENSAJE ... LUEGO APARECE UN MENSAJE QUE DICE RECUPERANDO EL SISTEMA PERMANECE UN MINUTO MAS O MENOS Y EL MENSAJE Desaparece QUEDANDO LA PANTALLA COMPLETAMENTE EN NEGRO (Funcionando) Y LA DEJO ASI Y SE VUELVE A Reinicia Y SUCEDER LO MISMO! CON LA AYUDA DE HP SONDA ENTRAR EN LA BIOS ALGO DE PRUEBA DE FALLA Y ME SALIO UN MENSAJE DICIENDO REPROBADO Y ESTE MENSAJE REPROBADO Uhotmail.com les agradeceria Mucho Que me pudieran Ayudar

HP Recommended

Hola Patricio,

Si yo fuera usted me quito el número de serie de su puesto porque alguien podría usarlo para reclamar la ayuda de garantía en su computadora portátil.

Lo siento por mi español - Soy Inglés, y estoy utilizando el traductor de google!

Mis bios consiguieron courrupted pero no pude arreglarlo, así que tuve que enviarlo a HP para su reparación.

Su mensaje no se traduce muy bien en el traductor de google porque está en letras mayúsculas.

HP Recommended

ya lo hice muchas gracias por su ayuda!

HP Recommended

No problemo, amigo 🙂

¡Buena suerte!

HP Recommended

Very well, thank you. Just needed to find decryptable bios image... 

HP Recommended

Hello,
I have an HP Pavilion dv4-1465dx notebook, the BIOS this corrupt, downloaded the latest bios on page

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=2093&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3979...

sp48847.exe unzipped the inside it has the FD files:

30F7F66D
30F7F66U
30F7F664
30F7F665
30F7F66

rename the file 30F7F665.FD to 30F7.BIN, and put the USB only the .BIN file any more.

I removed the battery, put the USB, Win + B pressed and pressed the button to turn.

1 beep every 2 seconds and then restarted alone, but did not show anything, is a black screen with nothing, and the keypad is different from the caps look the flashing button and scroll ... clicking any key the screen is black.

Now I'm trying using UEFI, but I'm not succeeding, please, I would like to help me, seeing the bios link that spent above, namely what should I put files in the folder F: \ Hewlett-Packard \ BIOS \ Current

BIOS in any of the versions do not have the file .sig

note: I'm using Google Translate, I thank comprehension

HP Recommended

I think that you need more files on the USB stick. I can't remember which ones now because it's been a long time since I looked at this - read through the older posts and you'll probably find something.

Mine was totally corrupt so I had to send it in for repair. Luckily it was still under warranty (in fact, the laptop was only one week old before it turned into a brick!).

Good luck my friend.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry to bump this thread, but I have tried almost every iteration described here without success 😞

To begin with, my machine is a i5 14-d042la (Insyde UEFI), that shipped with Ubuntu installed.

I looked everywere on hp for a Linux UEFI update tool but found none.

I then found the "manual" procedure for updating/recovering, but I think that something is missing. When I decompress the files for my UEFI update, I seem only to get the actual BIN and the insyde.exe for updating/creating the HP_Tools drive. Thats it. I have seen others describe a hpbiosupdate.efi file, and I believe that this is what im missing. But where to get these???

Before I knew what the hp_tools partition was for I had reformated and installed Xubuntu, so I can't go back and check if I initially had hpbiosupdate.efi available.

How come HP ship with Ubuntu (which I find great) but fail to offer native Linux tools for this kind of procedure???

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.