Question

Tutor
Guardyangel
Message 1 of 23 (7,190 Views)
Accepted Solution

Hp CoolSense disapeared after Hp Support Assistant Updated

Hello,

today the software "Hp Support Assistant" updated itself. After that update, i lost the ability to open a program i used on a daily basis to decrease the sound of my fans: "Hp Coolsense". It is really important for me to control the temperature at wich the fans start to increase their rotation, since sometimes i maybe need for a silent computer, like when im on a School Library.

Thank you for your time.

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 23 (7,188 Views)

Re: Hp CoolSense disapeared after Hp Support Assistant Updated

You can try this to retrieve CoolSense from your computer's own website:

Install Software and Drivers from HP Website

Go to the top of the HP forum page to Support and Drivers

• If prompted, Enter your Country or Region and
  • Enter your Computer Model information,
  • Go to Software and Drivers...
  • Enter your Operating System in the Drop-down menu...  Scroll down

• Select desired Category Software – Solutions >> HP CoolSense Technology

• Expand and decide if you need to install that package.
  • Assure that you download and install only the most recent versions of each driver or program.

• Save the appropriate *.exe installation package on your computer

NOTE the name and the location - the *.exe file will likely save to "Downloads “

• Install the Software / Driver installation package:  If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package(s) and “double-click” to install, else Right-Click, Select ‘run as Administrator’ and install.

NOTE:  There is sometimes a lot of information at the computer’s website.  Be sure to take an extended look at what’s available.

=====================================================================================

Once you install CoolSense, it should again show up in HPSA.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Tutor
Guardyangel
Message 3 of 23 (7,185 Views)

Thank you for ur fast reply. Unfortunatly, after i did all the steps above, that Software is not available there.

My computer is a Pavilion Dv6-6195sp, my OS is Windows 7 64 bit, the webpage for drivers is:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=pt&cc=pt&dlc=pt&sw_lang=&product=5148...

Is there any other place i can download CoolSense from?

Thank you in advance

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 4 of 23 (7,180 Views)

Try this one:

sp54610 V2.10.3 CoolSense

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Tutor
Guardyangel
Message 5 of 23 (7,178 Views)

Thank you so much. Unfortunatly 2 errors occured.

First is said there was a program running ( Hp On screen display) that shared files with HP CoolSense and couldnt install. So i opened Windows task manager, finished the prossess for Hp Onscreendisplay and retried install.

Second Error ocurred:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90487628@N06/8217517037/

Hp CoolSense aways worked until today, and i have this computer for more than 1 year now.

Thank you

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 6 of 23 (7,176 Views)

Rats... technical term.  Must be the wrong one for your system.

OK...

• Look in your Recovery Manager -- under "Immediate Help" >>  Software Installation

Look for the package in there and see if you can load it from the Manager.

Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)

• Look for it in C:\\SWSetup - might be in a folder called HPCOSE ??  There might be a setup file for it to reinstall it.

I will see if I can find another patch / install package and I'll post back if I find it.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 7 of 23 (7,175 Views)

OK...

More Information:

HP Notebook PCs - About CoolSense Technology

I did some more checking and found a reference to updating the HP Framework and check the settings in the BIOS.

While the BIOS should not have reset itself to other than what it has been set, it is possible that your Framework needs an update.  You can find the HP Framework software in your Website in Category Software - Solutions.  Looks like there is version 4.1.x on your website for your system.

If you need to do so, you can update the BIOS as well - be careful of BIOS updates: make sure you are running on AC power and make sure you follow the directions.  You do not want to make a paper weight out of your computer.  Your BIOS update is also in your computer's website...

Here is the link to the helpful Post by lions99 on how to look at this CoolSense issue from this other angle:

Re: HP Coolsense gone/can't reinstall

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Tutor
Guardyangel
Message 8 of 23 (7,168 Views)

Thank you so much Dragon_Fur. Indeed i coul reinstall CoolSense using HP Recovery Manager. I just need one more help please. Where is the .exe file to excute CoolSense? Cant find it, nor does HP CoolSense apears on Windows Menu.

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 9 of 23 (7,165 Views)

"Cool", I am glad it's back!  :smileywink:

Pretty sure you'll find it by searching in

Start >> type / search "Coolsense" > Click on it to Run it.

• Seems like CoolSense may end up back in HPSA after a reboot.  I don't recall if that's the case...

You should also find Coolsense the Programs (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\ folder:

• Open a Windows Exlorer window (called File Explorer in Windows 8)
  • Click on your C disk >> Click on Program Files (x86)...

Here is the Path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP CoolSense

Look for:

CoolSense.exe

Right-Click on the file (.exe) and you can "Send it" to the Desktop and make a shortcut.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Tutor
Guardyangel
Message 10 of 23 (7,151 Views)

Unfortunatly CoolSense cannot be found anywhere on my computer. I even cleaned registry and all with a program with name started with CC... lol

And after 3 attemps to install, and it says the instalation worked correctly, and rebooting the computer, the program isnt anywhere.

hpcss.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation