11-25-2012 12:16 PM
today the software "Hp Support Assistant" updated itself. After that update, i lost the ability to open a program i used on a daily basis to decrease the sound of my fans: "Hp Coolsense". It is really important for me to control the temperature at wich the fans start to increase their rotation, since sometimes i maybe need for a silent computer, like when im on a School Library.
Thank you for your time.
This question was solved. View Solution.
11-25-2012 12:23 PM
You can try this to retrieve CoolSense from your computer's own website:
Install Software and Drivers from HP Website
Go to the top of the HP forum page to Support and Drivers
- If prompted, Enter your Country or Region and
- Enter your Computer Model information,
- Go to Software and Drivers...
- Enter your Operating System in the Drop-down menu... Scroll down
- Select desired Category Software – Solutions >> HP CoolSense Technology
- Expand and decide if you need to install that package.
- Assure that you download and install only the most recent versions of each driver or program.
- Save the appropriate *.exe installation package on your computer
NOTE the name and the location - the *.exe file will likely save to "Downloads “
- Install the Software / Driver installation package: If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package(s) and “double-click” to install, else Right-Click, Select ‘run as Administrator’ and install.
NOTE: There is sometimes a lot of information at the computer’s website. Be sure to take an extended look at what’s available.
Once you install CoolSense, it should again show up in HPSA.
11-25-2012 12:34 PM
Thank you for ur fast reply. Unfortunatly, after i did all the steps above, that Software is not available there.
My computer is a Pavilion Dv6-6195sp, my OS is Windows 7 64 bit, the webpage for drivers is:
Is there any other place i can download CoolSense from?
Thank you in advance
11-25-2012 01:52 PM
Thank you so much. Unfortunatly 2 errors occured.
First is said there was a program running ( Hp On screen display) that shared files with HP CoolSense and couldnt install. So i opened Windows task manager, finished the prossess for Hp Onscreendisplay and retried install.
Second Error ocurred:
Hp CoolSense aways worked until today, and i have this computer for more than 1 year now.
11-25-2012 02:06 PM
Rats... technical term. Must be the wrong one for your system.
- Look in your Recovery Manager -- under "Immediate Help" >> Software Installation
Look for the package in there and see if you can load it from the Manager.
- Look for it in C:\\SWSetup - might be in a folder called HPCOSE ?? There might be a setup file for it to reinstall it.
I will see if I can find another patch / install package and I'll post back if I find it.
11-25-2012 02:33 PM
I did some more checking and found a reference to updating the HP Framework and check the settings in the BIOS.
While the BIOS should not have reset itself to other than what it has been set, it is possible that your Framework needs an update. You can find the HP Framework software in your Website in Category Software - Solutions. Looks like there is version 4.1.x on your website for your system.
If you need to do so, you can update the BIOS as well - be careful of BIOS updates: make sure you are running on AC power and make sure you follow the directions. You do not want to make a paper weight out of your computer. Your BIOS update is also in your computer's website...
Here is the link to the helpful Post by lions99 on how to look at this CoolSense issue from this other angle:
11-25-2012 02:51 PM
Thank you so much Dragon_Fur. Indeed i coul reinstall CoolSense using HP Recovery Manager. I just need one more help please. Where is the .exe file to excute CoolSense? Cant find it, nor does HP CoolSense apears on Windows Menu.
11-25-2012 03:50 PM
"Cool", I am glad it's back!
Pretty sure you'll find it by searching in
Start >> type / search "Coolsense" > Click on it to Run it.
- Seems like CoolSense may end up back in HPSA after a reboot. I don't recall if that's the case...
You should also find Coolsense the Programs (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\ folder:
- Open a Windows Exlorer window (called File Explorer in Windows 8)
- Click on your C disk >> Click on Program Files (x86)...
Here is the Path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP CoolSense
Right-Click on the file (.exe) and you can "Send it" to the Desktop and make a shortcut.
11-25-2012 07:09 PM
Unfortunatly CoolSense cannot be found anywhere on my computer. I even cleaned registry and all with a program with name started with CC... lol
And after 3 attemps to install, and it says the instalation worked correctly, and rebooting the computer, the program isnt anywhere.