12-11-2012 09:31 AM
Hi!I've been using HP coolsense.But after I updated my HP support Assistant to Version 220.127.116.11,HP coolsense seems to be not working.Whenever,I try to open that,a pop says that has been modified or deleted.And that means,HP coolsense gets automatically deleted after updating to HP support assistant 18.104.22.168.So,I tried to download HP coolsense 2.0 which eventually faied.Then I tried to download HP coolsense 2.10 and again thats also failed.So,please help me,how can I get HP coolsense to start work again.I'm asking this because,my laptop gets heated often.
And my model no is : HP Pavilion DV6-6140tx.
12-11-2012 12:38 PM
Looks like this issue is still floating about.
This May work...
- Flush that 7.x version of the HPSA (HP Support Assistant) out of your system with the Fixit removal tool:
- Try installing this version of HP Support Assistant - it is older, but it does not seem to have the associated issues.
- All things being equal, CoolSense may recover at that point.
You may be able to force the (re)install (of CoolSense):
- Open a Windows Explorer Window (called File Explorer in Windows 8)
- Go to (Follow Path) to C:\SWSetup\HPCOSE
- Right-Click on CoolSenseSetup.msi > Repair
Note that the path to your "CoolSense" folder may be different.
Check / Search from C:\SWSetup for the correct path on your computer
10-29-2013 06:25 PM
Try this later version CoolSense 2.2.
If it works... let me know and click the ol' Kudos start to the left.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.