HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
05-05-2012 07:26 PM
Hello every body
my product pavilion g6
and i can't install my Bluetooth device .
When i setup , it's give me error
"Bluetooth hardware must be switched on to run this setup".
i don't know how i can switched it on
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-16-2012 04:05 AM
1. Please write your notebook product number (p/n), which system are you using and country of purchase.
2. Go to:
Control Panel -> Device Manager
Right click each device with yellow exclamation mark ( ) and choose ' Properties '. Next select ' Details ' tab, use the dropdown selector to choose Hardware Ids and paste all the values from there to the next reply. This way I will be able to find out which drivers you need.
Below you've got example how to do it:
05-18-2012 08:58 AM
1- Thank you for your answer
2- first my product number is "HP Pavilion g6-1305sx Notebook PC" and my system is Windows 7 (32)
3- I have one device has this mark
it's Hardware Ids values is:
thank you for your time
05-18-2012 04:21 PM - edited 11-09-2012 03:29 AM
First you need to check the wireless button light color.
- amber (like on the below picture) then all wireless devices are off. Press the key combination ' fn ' + ' F12 ' to change it into white.
- white ( like on below picture) then integrated wireless device, such as a wireless local area network (WLAN) device and/or a Bluetooth® device, is on. Status is ok so you may go to the next step.
Click the Start button.
Type in the search filed ' hp connection ' and choose ' HP Connection Manager '.
Check the status of the Bluetooth module. If it's:
- ' Off ' then right-click the switch on button which is pointed by arrow on the below picture.
- ' On ' then you may download and install the Bluetooth module driver which is here.
05-19-2012 02:06 AM - edited 05-19-2012 02:07 AM
1. Download and install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 with Service Pack 1 from here and restart system.
2. Download and install HP Software Framework from here and restart system.
3. When you will do above steps download and install HP Connection Manager from here.
05-20-2012 03:48 PM
Is your problem solved?
12-19-2012 08:53 AM
Hi. i have the same problem. The windows 7 ultimate has blocked the bluetooth device. My laptop is HP ProBook 4530s and the hardware id is