HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
08-06-2012 01:52 AM
Hi, I too encounter a similar problem with my HP envy 15. Apparently, it is indeed the Beats Volume control button that is caused the problem. What happened is that when my Beats adjustable volume button is depressed from the top, the computer does not start up. So what I did was, I used a sticky blue tack to sort of lift up the depressed Beast volume. After that the computer could again be started up. Hope this help.
11-25-2012 07:19 AM
ManjunathTech, please help!
I'm stuck with Envy 15 3040NR that I cannot ship back to USA for repair-under-warranty. Hence I'm left to either local repair shops or fix it by myself.
The beats button is not sticked, I can press it and it makes a (click) sound, when I depress it, it goes back to normal. So the pressing/clicking sound shows it is ok.
I bought this laptop on May 2012, then - like everyone here - shut it down on night, but next day it never booted up.
However, today it did the following:
- Power adapter, battery, hard drive, and memory sticks are mounted & installed
- I pressed (power) button, white LED in power button lit up, also F12/wifi button, both for few seconds, then the caps lock button while LED started to flash
- but after 5 seconds the laptop went off, all LEDs are off
- It didn't show similar observation after I re-attempted to turn it on
To troubleshoot the problem:
- I took the A/C adapter, battery, hard drive, and memory dimms off
- pressed power button for 30 seconds
- plugged the A/C adapter
- then pressed on power button
- no LEDS turned on, only a single (buzz-buzz) sound in DVD drive area, but no fans is moving, Power LED is off, all LEDs are off, and nothing change
I only hope it is not the board (spare part motherboard = $400 .. :-( .. ).
Please help me to go through the troubleshooting process to determine the defected part. I might be able to replace it locally.