Question

Honor Student
snoborder159
Message 1 of 5 (4,944 Views)
Accepted Solution

I have a HP Pavilion dv6-2088dx and the power light is constantly flashing, what does this mean?

Help.

I have a HP Pavilion dv6-2088dx and have had it for a little under two years now.  I replaced the original battery with an extended life Rayovac battery about 8 months ago.  Recently my notebook's power light has been constantly flashing at about 1 flash per 2 seconds, regardless of charge level and/or whether its plugged into the power source.  What exactly is my computer trying to tell me?  Thanks for the help in advance

-Kyle

Intern
LV6071
Message 2 of 5 (4,938 Views)

Re: I have a HP Pavilion dv6-2088dx and the power light is constantly flashing, what does this mean?

Good morning snoborder159,

I looked up your product and found this link.  I hope this helps.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01997964&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&ju...

Good luck.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
If I was able to help...Give it a Kudos!

Thank you
Honor Student
snoborder159
Message 3 of 5 (4,932 Views)

Re: I have a HP Pavilion dv6-2088dx and the power light is constantly flashing, what does this mean?

[ Edited ]

Thanks, but this isnt an error message from windows, its from my dv6 itself.  I guess technically it isnt the power light.  I have three lights at the bottom left corner of my notebook; the power light, the charge light and the CPU light.  the middle light, the charge light, is constantly flashing.  Windows prompted me to replace my last battery 8 months ago but windows isnt giving me any feedback currently as far as power or batteries go.  sorry for the confusion.

Intern
LV6071
Message 4 of 5 (4,924 Views)

I found the link to your question.  I hope this helps,

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01884775.pdf 

final light.JPG

Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
If I was able to help...Give it a Kudos!

Thank you
Honor Student
snoborder159
Message 5 of 5 (4,912 Views)

Thanks a lot man, not the answer I was hoping for, but it is still an answer.  Thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation