Question

Top Student
garyeckert
Message 1 of 4 (291 Views)

I have a notebook 2000-329wn that won't start. No lights come on, batteries warm, hard drive good

[ Edited ]

I have a hp model 2000-329wn that won't start.  No lights come on, batteries warm, hard drive proved good when romoved and tested.   I am not sure but water may have spiled onto keyboard.  I can't get keyboard pulled up when done according to HP doccumentation on line.  I have ability to use voltmenter multimeter to trouble shoot but I cant find a path at this point to start.  Thanks Gary {Personal Information Removed}

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 2 of 4 (264 Views)

Re: I have a notebook 2000-329wn that won't start. No lights come on, batteries warm, hard drive go

So when you removed the Hard Drive and tried to boot in the BIOS, It still didn't boot ? 

Top Student
garyeckert
Message 3 of 4 (253 Views)

Re: I have a notebook 2000-329wn that won't start. No lights come on, batteries warm, hard drive go

I did not try to turn it on when the hard drive was out.  I was afraid that too much voltage and or current might hurt something.  I will try this soon if you think it is safe to do.  Thanks, Gary Eckert   Also, I could not press out the keyboard even with some and then all the proper screws out (then even with all the visible screws in the whole outer case removed).  I was able to pry the case up with the key board attached for a distance of about 3/8 or so inch high.  I probably could pry up the keyboard with chizzles and screwdrivers but would quite likely make marks on the edge since there are probably little snaps all around the perimeter of it like are in the perimeter of the upper case cover.

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 4 of 4 (151 Views)

Follow this document.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00439024&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3816360&tmp...

Seems like you're having several issues with the hardware on the notebook. 

THX 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation