Question

Top Student
Bardiferous
Message 1 of 4 (365 Views)

Installing a new hard drive - get Error code 0x4001001300001002 when trying to reinstall

HP Pavillion Entertainment laptop dv6000 - dv6915nr

I attempted to upgrade to Windows 8, but the webcam and the audio won't work.

Now trying to reinstall Vista from a set of System Recovery discs.  After the System Recovery loads from bootup, I choose to do a factory reinstall.  It goes to the next screen and moments later the Error code 0x4001001300001002 appears.

There's one more hitch.  The CD/DVD won't read discs.  It also looks funny in BIOS:  I believe it's a Pioneer but it says PIGNEER during bootup.  The drive shows up in Windows Explorer, but any disc that is put in that reads fine on any other PC I try comes up with a message that it is not formatted or something to that effect.

So I created a bootable 16 GB flash drive.  I then copied the contents of the System Recovery disk 1 of 2 on the empty USB drive.  

Can I use a DVD player from another laptop?  Say, from an HP ProBook 4425s?

:smileysad:  Hopefully, not sad for long....

PhD Student
WaseemW
Message 2 of 4 (358 Views)

Re: Installing a new hard drive - get Error code 0x4001001300001002 when trying to reinstall

Using an ODD from diffrent model PC may not fit, (Technically its fine should work fine). most common and i personally think best option is if you have any external Optical Disc Drive(ODD) such as USB ODD, that will take care of issue and there is no limitation also you can use it with as many PCs as you want on need basis.

Regards,
WW
“I am an HP Employee“
***** Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem***
Top Student
Bardiferous
Message 3 of 4 (346 Views)

Re: Installing a new hard drive - get Error code 0x4001001300001002 when trying to reinstall

I don't have a USB ODD.

Let me preface - I went into BIOS, reset to defaults, changed Boot Options for 5 seconds, changed Boot Order to exclude the notebook HD, then saved.

So - with another ODD in the dv6915nr, the message "Operating system not found" comes up when both times as I tried the HP System Recovery Disk 1 of 2 and then my homemade Bart's PE.

Note that the BIOS reports:  

ATAPI CD-ROM: @L%DT-ST DVDRAE GMA-4002F

Is it possible that the HP ODD is actually fine but there's a problem elsewhere in hardware?

FYI, I pulled a Hitachi ODD from a spare Lenovo.  It's I tried both the HP System Recovery Disk 1 of 2 and my homemade Bart's PE.  Both boot to their respective utilities/OS.  So, this ODD works and the disks are readable.

What next?

Top Student
Bardiferous
Message 4 of 4 (345 Views)

Here's the BIOS screen shot:

BIOS Screen Shot

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation