Question

Honor Student
jsn54
Message 1 of 2 (1,303 Views)

Intel (R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0100 (Microsoft) not working (code 3)

My HP simplepass hasn't been working and after looking at the hidden devices in Device manager, I looked in Biometric devices, and then the Validity Sensors (WBF) (PID=0500). The parent of this was another hidden device, the USB Root Hub (xHCI). Both the USB Root Hub and Validity sensor said that they were not connected to the computer (code 45). My fingerprint reader is built in to my laptop so it is definitely connected. I looked at the parent of the USB Root Hub, which is the Intel (R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller -0100 (Microsoft). This device has a small yellow triangle next to it. It says is may be corrupted or my system is running low on memory or other resources (Code 3). I had no problems with any of these before I update to windows 8.1. The only other thing that I can think of is a Laplink transfer from my old laptop that ran Vista. I don't understand why none of this is working and I just realized that none of my USB 3.0 ports are working! I need to get this fixed ASAP. Any help would be greatly appreciated! My laptop is an HP Envy Touchsmart 15t-j000 quad edition.

Regents Professor
SuperMario1
Message 2 of 2 (1,248 Views)

Re: Intel (R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0100 (Microsoft) not working (code 3)

Hello jsn54. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. I understand the computer is experiencing Device Manager errors. If the issue existed, only after upgrading to Windows 8.1, this could indicate the required drivers are not installed. To commence troubleshooting, please download and install the drivers, from this HP website: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4158&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5394...

Please ensure all of these drivers are installed, before you perform any other troubleshooting. Once this is complete, please reference this Microsoft document, explaining Device Manager error codes: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123

This document will explain the undertones behind the error codes you witness. The document provides suggestions that you can apply to resolve the issue.

Please respond with your results, after the troubleshooting is complete. I'm only here to help!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation