Question

Tutor
ritalano
Message 1 of 12 (5,122 Views)

Jammed battery release on new dv6t Quad Edition

Just took delivery of the new Pavilion dv6t notebook.  After installing the battery as per the instructions, when I tried to release the battery the release switch is jammed stuck to the right.  Also the panel to access the hard drive has popped opened and cannot be closed shut or flush. After waiting over 6 weeks for this after having returned my previous Quad due to chipset problem, I am totally annoyed.  Any suggestions?

Professor
Pankay
Message 2 of 12 (5,120 Views)

Re: Jammed battery release on new dv6t Quad Edition

try to wiggle the battery release latch.........  if it is stuck on released position then press the battery inside and then wiggle the latch...

||-Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.-||
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
Tutor
ritalano
Message 3 of 12 (5,101 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the suggestion.  The latch is actually jammed to the right which is opposite the battery release position.  The right side seems to be the position to release  the panel to access the inside of the laptop (I cannot remember if this was a feature on the older dv6 Quad) and so it is preventing this panel from closing.  I cannot get the release catch to move any further to the left and the battery does not move even if I try to wiggle it or press it in.

Grad Student
Homerepairman
Message 4 of 12 (5,091 Views)

I read on another post about using a credit card between the battery and case.

Tutor
ritalano
Message 5 of 12 (5,085 Views)

Thanks.  I read that as well but the gap between the battery and the case is too narrow for a credit card.  I am returning the laptop to HP for a refund/exchange.  Can anyone recommend another brand and model out there that is comparable to the Quad?  Thanks again.

Student
bruk
Message 6 of 12 (5,026 Views)

Having the same problem with a new dv6t Quad Edition.

Provost
CherylG
Message 7 of 12 (5,020 Views)

I had the same problem once where the latch got jammed in the wrong position when dropping the battery in. I used a butter knife to gently pry  up the battery ,moving along the edge a little at a time and prying until finally it was free. Reinserting battery more carefully letting back edge seat first_all was well.Use my solution at your own risk.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
SacTu
Message 8 of 12 (4,951 Views)

I just had this problem literally 5-10 minutes ago and just resolved it. It was stuck and I couldn't push the bottom panel back in, so what I had to do was use my nails to take out the battery (you can try a knife) which isn't too hard. Once the battery is pulled out, you can pull out the bottom panel and it should reset the jam. Then, push the panel back in, and then the battery.

Honor Student
mkent8
Message 9 of 12 (4,771 Views)

I am actually having the reverse of this problem. my battery fell out for some reason, and I cannot get the battery release switch to move to the open position, and therefore I can't get even insert the battery. REALLY NEED HELP ASAP!

Student
CRivera
Message 10 of 12 (4,621 Views)

I had the same problem. I was going crazy when it started to happen because it was the first day i got the laptop..well the best way to get it unjamed is first wiggle the latch left and right  until the battery starts to stick out a bit then u just give it a soft hit on the top part of the laptop. or put it in between ur legs and softly hit the battery between ur legs and it pops right off. which is how i got it to come out. funny how it sounds. Hope this helps guys

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation