Question

Honor Student
kulberg26
Message 1 of 5 (11,605 Views)

Keyboard Button Came Off.....Help

Ok so my page down button came off and I don't know how to put it back on. Someone please help me!!!

Grad Student
compenthusiast
Message 2 of 5 (11,601 Views)

Re: Keyboard Button Came Off.....Help

Hi kulberg26, did the whole key top come off, with the little support mechanism underneath?

From what keys I've seen (er--I've ripped a few off over the years) the X-shaped mechanism needs to "click" back onto the keyboard itself. Look closely how the mechanism works---even with a small magnifyin glass.

If the X shaped doo-dad stayed on the keyboard, again look closely at the underside of the key--it should snap back in a certain place.

If ll else fails you can:

1.) Live with it---my sone lost 6 keys off the left side of his laptop (he was more of a "professional" key remover-Lol)

before he dropped the laptop and did it in.

2.) order a new keyboard, if you must.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

kulberg26
Message 3 of 5 (11,600 Views)

Yea the X shaped doo-dad came off with it. My laptop is still under warrenty so HP is having me send it in and they are going to replace the keyboard. I just got my laptop like 4 months ago, granted i don't use that button very much it looks funny with it missing so I'm just going to send it in. Hmm your son must be better at rmoving keyboard buttons than I am, since only 1 fell off of mine, I muse be a newbie at it. lol

Top Student
erictan
Message 4 of 5 (11,480 Views)

There is a solution to your problem. All you need is http://www.laptopkey.com I had the same problem a couple of months back and I didn’t want to spend $85 for a whole new keyboard so I ordered my replacement keys from them. They have great customer service and saved me a whole lot of money. I would recommend this to you strongly. Check them out!

Student
hopeforeer
Message 5 of 5 (1,362 Views)

my wireless keyboard v letter came off and still warntee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation