Question

Honor Student
cindy75
Message 1 of 16 (7,767 Views)
Accepted Solution

Keyboard Problems

Hi,

I have an HP Pavilion dv6-3225dx with Windows 7 installed that I bought new in June 2011.  I'm having a problem with typing 2 letters on my keyboard: the letters T and Y.  How am I typing them now, you ask?  I have to use the on-screen keyboard for those 2 letters and it's very annoying to say the least.  Do you know how often T and Y are used?  A lot!  his is wha i looks like when I'm no using m on-screen keboard...u see m problem?

I haven't spilled anything on it and it was working fine when I went to bed last night.  My computer is not even 6 months old, so what gives?

Thanks in advance,

Cindy

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 16 (7,746 Views)

Re: Keyboard Problems

Hi,

Your notebook is still under warranty, so please contact with HP. How to do it all informations here (just choose your country).

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Student
pinenutpatty
Message 3 of 16 (7,623 Views)

I ave Pavilion dv4-1287 wit same issues.  also usin on screen keyboard. as you can see, my h and g do not work. Also backspace not workin. need solution for out of warranty. was workin prior to uprade to w7.

Honor Student
cindy75
Message 4 of 16 (7,615 Views)

I finally took mine in a couple of weeks ago and it turns out it's a hardware problem (shocker) so they had to ship it off to replace the keyboard.  I just got a call today though that says it's ready to be picked up and I can't wait to get it back!  I'm currently using our old laptop and am ridiculously happy just to be able to type again but I don't have access to my outllook e-mails or bookmarks, etc. 

I never appreciated my keyboard before now nor did I realize how something so minor could be so...annoying.  I wish I could help you fix your keyboard but the most I can wish for you is luck in a speedy keyboard recovery.

Honor Student
pauli_O
Message 5 of 16 (7,560 Views)

One of the keys on my keyboard (.) began malfunctioning,  Is there a quick fix to this problem?  Thank you

Student
LambTurtle
Message 6 of 16 (7,497 Views)

I have a pavilion dv6-2043ca that is having the same problem.  I have about 8 different keys that are not working properly.  Just a lil disappointing after having only had the laptop for almost a year and a half old and gently used : (    I am using and external keyboard.  Kind of defeats the purpose of having a laptop!

Student
Sal4Abs
Message 7 of 16 (6,728 Views)

I'm having exactly the same problem but my laptop is 1 1/2 years old so no longer under warranty. What shall I do?

Student
ineedhelpplzz
Message 8 of 16 (6,397 Views)

I have a HP Envy 14 Notebook PC and my R key is pushed all the way it. I jus touch it for it to type, unlike my other keys where I have to push it down. What should I do? I am afraid to try and dig it out, because at least it still works now!

Student
slmorris626
Message 9 of 16 (5,704 Views)

I just purchased a hp 2000 Notebook PC in August and when I am typing the keys will not work a lot of time, I have to hit they keys over and over sometimes hard to make them type.  It is very very frusrting (see what I mean).  What should take 10 seconds to type seems to take forever because I have to keep backspacing and start over.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 10 of 16 (5,701 Views)

Keyboard Problems

Hello slmorris626. I understand that you are encountering an issue in which your keyboard strokes tend to repeat. Is this correct?

The first thing to try is to lower the keyboards repeat delay and repeat rate. First, go to your Control Panel. Then select "Keyboard." "Repeat delay" and "Repeat rate" are listed here. Try lowering these settings and see if it helps with your issue.

I hope this is helpful!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation