Question

Honor Student
eskimo05
Message 1 of 7 (8,065 Views)

Keyboard backlight

[ Edited ]

First of all I would like to start with what laptop I have, its the HP dv6-3220TX notebook

K glad we got that out of the way, now heres my issue, when opening the box I was reading through the instructions and apparently this laptop has a backlight keyboard which i thought was cool especially since im always on my laptop in the dark

anyhow, it says to turn back light on you just press the backlight button at the top by the action keys (f1-f12) so the backlight button is suppose to be next to the Prt Sc button correct? well mine doesnt have it, it has a pause button instead!! please help me, I really want to turn my keyboard backlight on as i always have to turn the light on when usiing my laptop in the dark as I cant see what im typing.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 7 (8,061 Views)

Re: Keyboard backlight

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Are you sure it has backlit keyboard ? If YES, hold down Fn key and hit Space bar.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
eskimo05
Message 3 of 7 (8,054 Views)

yes well it says it is in the manual it came with to turn backlight on use the backlight button..........

and FN and space bar didnt work....... maybe it doesnt have backlighting, but then thats kinda false advertising dont you think

Honor Student
eskimo05
Message 4 of 7 (8,052 Views)

I guess the question i should be asking, is there anyone out there that would know if the HP pavilion dv6-3220TX actually has a backlight for the keyboard??? im starting to wonder this video I found on youtube, he has exactly the same laptop as me, the only difference is he has the backlight button, and I have this stupid pause button

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbks8CYkxWE

Provost
banhien
Message 5 of 7 (8,045 Views)

Hi,

I did ask you didn't I ? Most likely your machine does NOT have backlit keyboard. The one in the video is a different machine, not the same like yours. HP dv6 series has hundreds of models, not just ONE and they have many different configurations (the dv6-32xxaa group alone has probably around 50 models).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
eskimo05
Message 6 of 7 (8,038 Views)

I didnt know there were HP laptops that look exactly like mine but different models, shows how little I know about computers lol.  So thanks for clearing that up for me, I now know that my model does not have a backlight.

Thankyou :smileyhappy: 

Student
Chriss_15
Message 7 of 7 (7,198 Views)

hi i need help i have the f1-f12 but next to prt sc is insert so do i have a different kind of laptop that doesnt have a backlight ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation