Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Windows 8.1

I had this laptop since this past Christmas. It worked perfectly fine and I had no problems with it at all. The Touch-Screen is used often, and both used to work perfectly. Yesterday, while typing a report, halfway the letters s and w stopped working. im not sure if a liquid was spilled, since im not with my laptop all day. when typing not not jsing the OSK, the letter s is repeated, not even being pressed. i ran  a keyboard test after about four hours since the peoblem occured, and when pressing the affected keys, w acted as if not pressed, and s was pressed, bur after the second test, was inacticve. 

I dont know where to access the keyboard drive, aa they seem to not be on the HP website. I would really like to avoid sending in my laptop, as its a household use.. but what else can i do??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Dear HomestuckFan -

I understand that you have a fairly new notebook, with a keyboard that is not operating correctly.

Please see the HP support document Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 😎 for steps to resolve the issue.

If those steps do not work, you can test the keyboard using HP PC Diagnostics UEFI. Please see the HP support document Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 😎 for instructions.

Cheers,

dhtp

DH
I work on behalf of HP.

Please click "KUDOS Thumbs Up" if I have helped you, and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. Thanks for the feedback!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Dear HomestuckFan -

I understand that you have a fairly new notebook, with a keyboard that is not operating correctly.

Please see the HP support document Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 😎 for steps to resolve the issue.

If those steps do not work, you can test the keyboard using HP PC Diagnostics UEFI. Please see the HP support document Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 😎 for instructions.

Cheers,

dhtp

DH
I work on behalf of HP.

Please click "KUDOS Thumbs Up" if I have helped you, and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. Thanks for the feedback!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.