Question

Honor Student
Simran
Message 1 of 2 (1,051 Views)

Keyboard - certain keys - do not work sometimes

Hey there,

I have a Hp Pavilion dv6226tx Notebook PC. Its been 3 and half years and since I have bought it and there has never been an issue with the keyboard before.

But for last few weeks there is a strange problem with my Keyboard (Standard 101 keys) i.e. certain keys do not work for most of the time or rather I would say they seldom work. The keys are

Q W E R T Y U I P - the whole top line of alphabets

Left and Top arrow key

Right Shift key

All these keys never work when the system has just booted and after some time if I keep pressing them hard... all of them suddenly start working and work like charm.... and sometimes i keep pressing them harder or softer or whatever... but they just do not work.... right now I am typing with my laptop keyboard... all the mentioned were not working 5 mins back... I had to use a virtual keyboard... but is now working absolutely fine.. but this does not continues for a longer time... they will suddenly stop responding after few minutes (I am typing in hurry) .

There is another thing... if these keys are not working.. and i start pressing anyone of them ... say... 'E' and hit it like 50 or 60 times... then all the keys start working with ease and they stop at any time .... and when they stop they do not start working again easily... I AM STUCK. I thought this could be a virus problem but NO... as I also have UBUNTU installed.. the keys do not even work there.

While I was typing all this... the keys stopped responding in the middle once... but again started working..

PLEASE HELP.

Honor Student
deaninlil
Message 2 of 2 (109 Views)

Re: Keyboard - certain keys - do not work sometimes

Hi, I have your same problem.

Did you solve it, eventually? And how?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation