Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Your welcome Chairbox.

Thanks for the KUDOS.

REO

HP Recommended

i have hp compaq 6720s. it is asking for power on password...... i am not getting any error code if i enter wrong password three times....... any onr plz help

HP Recommended

Hi

please help

I have tried many of the suggestions but nothing is working

I have a HP compac nc6400 and it doesnt even allow me to enter the password

HP Recommended

I have tried this and it s not working

HP Recommended

Belindah.

Remove the BIOS battery connector.

It is located under the keyboard.

Remove the 3 screws on the bottom of the laptop marked with the keyboard symbol.

Unlock the 4 keyboard locks located between the "F" keys.

P5290606.jpg

Good luck.

REO

HP Recommended

hey, i was wondering if someone can help me my brother was messing with my computer and when i got it back it has a power on password and/or administrator password. 

how can i clear it or recover it?

it is a hp 2000 2b43dx thats what the model number is under the battery

thanks 

jay

HP Recommended

Jehad.

When asked for the password just hit enter 3 times.

Post the halt code.

REO

HP Recommended
I hit enter 3 times and it tells me system disabled and gives me 94323883 .. and I put that in the password box and it tells me incorrect

Thanks
HP Recommended

can anyone help me on this problem? im still stuck on this this screen asking for a password i didnt create. is there a default password i can input?

thanks

jay 

HP Recommended

Jehad try.

REO

I must inform you that these services are not endorsed by HP, and that HP is not responsible for any damage that may arise to your system by using these services. Please be aware that you do this at your own risk.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.