Question

kmx Student
Student
kmx
Message 1 of 3 (1,213 Views)

Laptop Keyboard Problems

I think someone else had this problem before...well I have an HP Pavilion dv6113us Entertainment Notebook PC. I've had it since December 2006. My current problem is that only the numbers 5 and 6 work. [I have to copy and paste numbers whenever I want to use them, it's terrible] and at least the down and right arrow keys don't work either. I'm pretty sure the left alt key doesn't work either. Another problem unrelated is that my CD-rom never stays in place, because it will sometimes stop sensing a disc is in or think it's not there.

A little history of my laptop: a problem starts with it every year now around this time. It's strange.

Winter 2007: the laptop would randomly shut off when typing. I took it to get fixed at a local place and they had to fix some wires under the letter "L" key

Winter 2008: The computer screen would be on, but it would be showing a black screen...eventually the laptop place said they couldn't fix it and it was the motherboard underneath. Sent it in to HP and they replaced it for free

Should I try to get it fixed again or should I just get another laptop altogether?  I'll be going to college next fall, it might be good to just invest in a whole new one.

Student
kbitner
Message 2 of 3 (734 Views)

Re: Laptop Keyboard Problems

when on certain website (games, surveys)  the letters come out of numbers or the number key pressed is progression of numbers not the number trying to type

Top Student
studioprod
Message 3 of 3 (730 Views)

Re: Laptop Keyboard Problems

Knowing what I know now abot HP's complete disregard for customer's problems, I wish I had purchased one of those mega-hot laptops from Cyber Power. We wisely had them build some workstations for film editing and graphics and they are an astonishing bang for the buck. Their customer service is extremely personal and concerned. In other words, the exact opposite of HP.

One of the workstations had problems and was sent back. Not only did they fix it but they added upgrades as a way of thanking us.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation