Question

Top Student
mlj1120
Message 1 of 6 (179 Views)

Laptop Screws for HP dv7-1175nr

Hello All, 

I need some help finding laptop screws for an HP dv7-1175nr. I'm really looking for the screws that hold the screen located on the lower left and right hand sides of the screen. I also need to know what size that are that way if I can't get them from a computer shop I can maybe go to a hardware store such as Home Depot or Lowes to pick them up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Regents Professor
SuperMario1
Message 2 of 6 (154 Views)

Re: Laptop Screws for HP dv7-1175nr

Hello @mlj1120 ,

Thanks for posting on the HP Forums!

I understand you are looking for screws that are compatible with your notebook. If you go to page 111 of the product's maintenance and service guide, you can find the sizes for all screws of the notebook, and where they go.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
mlj1120
Message 3 of 6 (137 Views)

Do you know where I can find a list of part numbers for the screws?

Regents Professor
SuperMario1
Message 4 of 6 (126 Views)

There are no part numbers for the screws. The names of the screws, and their size, is provided. For example:

screws.png

You can pick up these screws at any stores that sells them. For example; Home Depot. Just write the names that you need, indicated in the manual, and you are good to go!

Have a wonderful day :smileyhappy:

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
mlj1120
Message 5 of 6 (118 Views)

Will Do! I tried going to Micro Center to see if they sold those type of screws but they didn't. I've even looked online to see if I can order the screws but couldn't find any link. I'll try Home Depot to see if they have it. Thanks.

Top Student
mlj1120
Message 6 of 6 (102 Views)

I tried looking for that particular screw at Home Depot but apparently they didn't have it. They suggested trying another hardware store so I going to try this other place to see if they have them and go from there. Thanks for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation