Question

Tutor
Kulit2
Message 1 of 3 (3,531 Views)

Laptop Won't Shut down

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I've been having issues in shutting my laptop down for the past few days. I am using HP Pavilion dm4. Whenever I am tring to shut it down, it will only stay in the shutting down screen. It will stay in that screen unless I will hard shut down. I read something about this issue that I somethng is preventing the windows from completely shutting down. I tried some trouble shooting steps and found out that my zumodrive or HP cloud drive is the reason why my laptop won't shut down. I want to keep it but at the same time want to be able to shut down my laptop normally. Please help!

Teacher
Chraz_Ritt
Message 2 of 3 (3,509 Views)

Re: Laptop Won't Shut down

Do you close everything before you hit the shutdown button? If so then you may want to use the task manager to shut down all apps before using the shutdown button. Hope this advice helps.

IF what I post solves your problem please click the "Problem solved" button on my post.
Oh, and if I have helped you, clicking the 'Kudos' star on my post would not hurt my feelings ether.
Student
shahbaznatique
Message 3 of 3 (3,093 Views)

Re: Laptop Won't Shut down

I've been having issues in shutting my laptop down for the past few days. I am using HP Pavilion dm4. Whenever I am tring to shut it down, it will only stay in the shutting down screen. It will stay in that screen unless I will hard shut down. I read something about this issue that I somethng is preventing the windows from completely shutting down. I tried some trouble shooting steps and found out that my zumodrive or HP cloud drive is the reason why my laptop won't shut down. I want to keep it but at the same time want to be able to shut down my laptop normally. Please help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation