HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
05-03-2012 02:09 PM - edited 05-04-2012 04:22 AM
As the title.
From the system information, my laptop is a HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC. I have not done any changes to my laptop when this problem occur. I was gaming 1 day when the laptop hang, and nothing responded. I did a force shutdown (press and hold power button). When i tried to turn it back on, it didn't work, so i remove the battery and place it back again. This time my laptop was back, however, after i shutdown, i noticed it was not completed, the LEDs stated were still on. I will have to force shutdown again using the power button. I can conclude that the shutdown was successful as when i turn the laptop on, it does not prompt me to run the pc in safemode and etc. Whenever i close my lid and open it again, it will go into that "uncomplete shutdown" stage.
I've tried to interchange the RAM and the problem still persist.
I hope i did give a clear description of my issue.
P.S Pardon my bad english.
I hope to get a reply and solution from the HP team.
05-03-2012 03:42 PM
- Unplug the AC adapter from the notebook PC.
- Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station, disconnect cables to printers or devices such as external monitors, USB memory sticks or SD cards, headset or external speakers, mouse or auxiliary keyboard, turn off WIFI and Bluetooth wireless devices.
- Remove the battery from the notebook battery compartment.
- Press and hold down the power button for about 1 minute to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.
- Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook PC, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
- Press the power button to turn the notebook PC back on.
Check the result.
05-03-2012 03:51 PM
I have tried the method you told me to, but the problem still persist.
07-18-2012 03:57 AM
first of all thanks for your support. i have the exact same problem, i've tried everything but my notebook continue to doesn't shut down. the system goes down but seems like the power supply still remain. I saw that if i restar the laptop everything goes fine and works, the ploblem is only in shut down function.
Please help us becouse i think this will not be good for ours notebook.
07-20-2012 04:33 AM
1. Have you updated system, installed/updated any software or installed/updated any driver before this problem showed up?
2. Do you remember when this problem showed up?
03-02-2013 06:28 PM
I have the same problem and I've been facing it in the last two weeks and I almost killed myself for solving the problem but they were all failed....I did holding-down-power-button method, I restored from a special time-point, I checked and unchecked startup tab icons and finally I lost my head and did a full backup and made the system start all over again BUTTTT....this problem is still a living organ in my notebook!! what should i do??? I'm totally run-down and hopeless pleeeeaaaaase help me
I'm waiting for HP Team Help
Thanks in advance