Question

Honor Student
bahamagal
Message 1 of 4 (1,894 Views)

Laptop screen blank

I left my hp g60 laptop on and when i returned and touched the mouse keypad she wouldn't come back on, all the lights are on but  the screen is blank.... What to do?

Grad Student
compenthusiast
Message 2 of 4 (1,889 Views)

Re: Laptop screen blank

Hi bahamagal, try these steps:

(First try cosing the lid and re-opening it, then try below.....)

1.) If the power light/button is blinking, try pressing it once to recover from sleep/hibernation mode.

2.) Power off your laptop, then power back on to see if this fixes it

3.) If screen still blank, look closely at your screen from different angles, can you still see a desktop? Your backlight may be malfunctioning. Try plugging it into an external monotr or HDTV via HDMI?

Let us know how you progress. You may have to contact HP support if the probem persists.

Good luck!

CherylG
Message 3 of 4 (1,874 Views)

Try a hard reset.

1-remove power cord and battery

2-press power button for 20 seconds

3-reinstall battery and power cord

4-power on

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Student
natureluv18
Message 4 of 4 (674 Views)

Help! My laptop screen is completely black. All the lights are on though and they caps lock and scroll key lights keep blinking. I've restarted and i've done all the steps you suggested to others on how to fix the black screen but absolutely nothing helps... Any new advice on how to fix my laptop would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! (I think I have a Pavilion dv4, if that makes sense to anybody.)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation