Laptop turns on by itself when plugged in (1751 Views)
Honor Student
OnyX_
Message 1 of 4 (1,751 Views)

Laptop turns on by itself when plugged in

[ Edited ]

1. Product Name and Number
HP Pavilion DV2540ev 
2. Operating System installed

Windows Vista 64-bit

So,i have the above HP Pavilion with windows vista installed.All of a sudden when i plug in my laptop to the socket then the laptop just powers on by itself without me pressing the power button.The same behaviour occurs with the battery attached to it and with the battery removed.In both occasions the laptop just powers itself up when i plug it in.

I have tried a bios reset but didnt seem to do anything.

Any suggestions? 

Honor Student
OnyX_
Message 2 of 4 (1,714 Views)

Re: Laptop turns on by itself when plugged in

So should i assume that no one from the HP staff knows how to deal with that kind of problem?

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 3 of 4 (1,696 Views)

Hi Onyx,

Don't know about HP staff - This is HP Forum, staffed by HP computer owners, users, experts - some of us, newbies - others of us... and some HP people, too.  It's not Tech Support.  Smiling.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BIOS Update:

If there is nothing in the BIOS, and you've gone through all of that, then you could try an UPDATE to the BIOS.  The one on the website is from way back in 2008; nonetheless, here is the information:

Software & Driver Downloads - HP Pavilion dv2540ev Notebook PC

Select the BIOS, download, and install.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bad MoBo:

I did find something for you that sounds like a similar issue - you may be looking at a motherboard problem.  If that is the case, you would likely have to have a repair shop troubleshoot it (at the least), or maybe just replace the board.

Source:

Laptop automatically powers on when plugged in for charging

If someone finds out something that sounds more encouraging, I hope they post it for you.

Good Luck!

I hope this helps...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click the White Kudos Star on the Left to give Kudos for the help.

Please Click “Accept as Solution” to say issue is solved.

Always Include:  (Computer) Product Number  ,  Printer – Model Number ,

Never give out your Serial Number

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Year of the Dragon!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Student
batg61
Message 4 of 4 (630 Views)

Hi

I have the same problem, with 2 laptop  G62. I disassemble the laptop with all periphicals, and chage yhe dc jack power but it stay the same probleme.

how to update fhe bios if laptop, turns all time without turn off.

is it faulty graphic card ?. not beep and not code error happened

thanks for your help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation