Question

Honor Student
LoveMyLaptop
Message 1 of 37 (66,054 Views)

Laptop will not turn on!!!

I have Windows 7 and the model is an HP g60.

I have had my laptop for almost 23 months, and it is in great condition. Recently, I left it charged for a couple days while it was on, but it eventually turned itself off. Then I tried to turn it on and it would not come on. I took out the batteries a few times and tried turning it on, but it still does not turn on. When I plug in the charger, the charging light comes on, but it still will not turn on. 

Did I charge it too much?

I use my computer for everything; Please help!

Intern
hahayou
Message 2 of 37 (66,043 Views)

Re: Laptop will not turn on!!!

Honor Student
LoveMyLaptop
Message 3 of 37 (66,026 Views)

Thanks for replying! When I did that, it still did not show anything on the screen, but the lights came on. So the both charging lights came on(the charging light next to output and the the charging light of the three lights that come on when the laptop is on), but the screen was still black...

I really need my laptop to start working again, I use it for everything!!!

Intern
hahayou
Message 4 of 37 (65,999 Views)

When the lights comes on does the HP logo appears on the screen?, or is there a beeping sound?, if you have an external monitor you can try plugging it into the laptop to berify if there is image on the external monitor, if there is then the laptop needs to be send to repair also try reseting the memory modules, and using the steps and links of this document

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01997899&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en

Hope to be of assistance

Honor Student
LoveMyLaptop
Message 5 of 37 (65,969 Views)

Thanks for replying again

Here are my results for the first method:

* The time when the light came on nothing appeared on the screen(not even the hp logo), it was black. There was also no form of sound coming from the laptop.

* When I tried the first method you gave me a second time, the laptop did not turn on. I also tried it twice more again and the laptop did not turn on, nor any of the lights and there was no sound.

I have not yet tried the second method but I will do so later and get back to you with my results.

My Laptop is kept in great condition, I think whatever is wrong with it was caused due to overcharging the laptop.

Thank You for all your help so far :smileyhappy:

Intern
hahayou
Message 6 of 37 (65,953 Views)

Ok so just try the remaining steps of the document and if there is still no lights or there is lights but no image and you have tried an external monitor and reset the memory contact hp to have the computer repaired within warranty service

Honor Student
smartoleman
Message 7 of 37 (64,583 Views)

NO LIGHTS ,SOUND.  IT JUST WOULD NOT COME ON OUT THE BLUE AFFTER OPERATING GREAT

Honor Student
smartoleman
Message 8 of 37 (64,581 Views)

ONLY FLASHING WIFI BLUE LED

Student
Glycogen
Message 9 of 37 (55,916 Views)

Re: Laptop will turn on but suddenly it will turn off. the charger is good

my wife is using  the Hp windows7 back there in the philippines as tool of our communication  here in canada. please help.

its very important to us.

Student
bmelling5
Message 10 of 37 (50,976 Views)

HP laptop will not turn on

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation