Question

mk8 Honor Student
Honor Student
mk8
Message 1 of 5 (3,081 Views)

Locked out of my laptop - help!

I have a HP Pavillian Notebook.  When I first got it I gave a password to get in. I live alone now and had no reason to use a password. So I went in and checked to remove the password entrance. The next day I turned on my laptop and it went to the sign-in page as usual so I entered my password and it said that was the wrong password. I had the same password for 3 years and used it daily so I knew something was wrong. I have been locked out of my laptop for 3 days. Can anyone help me? Is there a backdoor password I can use to get in to my laptop? Thank you for helping me. 

Teacher
mrdel83
Message 2 of 5 (3,079 Views)

Re: Locked out of my laptop - help!

I think every system has a Administrator account and in some cases users leave its password blank.

i dont know how to login to it but you might find something if you google it

Honor Student
hydrohouston
Message 3 of 5 (3,057 Views)

mk8,  any luck on this problem? I did the same on my daughters Mini 110. While in Bios, I highlighted "startup password" and I reset defaults ( [F9] ).  Saved, [F10] and now I can't enter the correct password ( which shouldn't even prompt for now ) for over a week!  If anyone can help please.

Honor Student
hydrohouston
Message 4 of 5 (3,055 Views)

The Setup Utility default settings go into effect when the device restarts.NOTE: Your password, security, and language settings are not changed when you restore the factory default settings.
Nevermind. It never changed and we figured it out.

Honor Student
mikislate
Message 5 of 5 (3,035 Views)

To mk8, I am not sure what you mean by "remove the password entrance", but try hitting just the enter key at the login screen. Maybe there is no password now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation