Mediasmart Webcam? (4644 Views)
Top Student
Darkpsycho
Message 1 of 5 (4,644 Views)

Mediasmart Webcam?

I just reformatted for a 2nd time since i got my laptop in july and I am not unable to get mediasmart software to show up whenever i use oovoo.. it works on skype but not oovo.. wth?

And additionally lately my laptop's sound has been acting up making stuttering sounds and becoming sluggishes and eletrical sounding to the point where it sounds like a transformer.

Teacher
densyo12
Message 2 of 5 (4,641 Views)

Re: Mediasmart Webcam?

on the hardware part the webcam is working w/ skype but not w/ oovoo,i think it is a settings issue w/ oovoo, and about your sound issue try to go to device manager then go to sound driver right click on the audio driver then click on update driver. then restart your computer.

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 3 of 5 (4,630 Views)

[ Edited ]

On the oovoo and Mediasmart software you will need to choose HP Webcamer Filter rather than Windows Default Device ...Check below screenshot... On the Audio issue, can i get the exact model number & Current OS on this notebook?

oovoo.png

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Top Student
Darkpsycho
Message 4 of 5 (4,617 Views)

The newest HP Mediasmart Webcam seems to name it HP Webcam Splitter and on oovoo the camera starts up but not the program.

My model number is - WV703AV but it doesn't show up at all when i searched for it on the main website.. but I believe i solved the sound issue.. it was a program or class called DrJava nad a Java development kit that may have been conflicting with the sound drivers.. I'll let you know if it still happens.

Top Student
Darkpsycho
Message 5 of 5 (4,598 Views)

bump..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation