Question

Honor Student
EdgertonRB
Message 1 of 5 (1,988 Views)

Mini 210-2031tu Touchpad has stopped working

Loaded and installed a updated driver for the synaptics touchpad.  Now the touchpad doesn't work.  No lights neither ampber or white.

Now what?

Suggestions?

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 2 of 5 (1,982 Views)

Re: Mini 210-2031tu Touchpad has stopped working

What is the BIOS version on this netbook?

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Honor Student
EdgertonRB
Message 3 of 5 (1,969 Views)

The current BIOS.  I downloaded last night and updated. 

At lunch today I reloaded the orginal driver for the touchpad, and all seems to work again.  I think there is a bug in the new driver update that had caused it to stop working.  Anyway that is my theory since I loaded the new one three times and no success, but reloading the old one it seems to work again.

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 4 of 5 (1,968 Views)

If we are talking about F.12 BIOS. I would suggest, reverting back to F.02. I have been reading threads that F.02 is causing the Touchpad to stop working...

Here is link to F.02 BIOS ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50001-50500/sp50166.exe

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Honor Student
Madness87
Message 5 of 5 (1,960 Views)

Cyclops is correct... My Hp Mini 210-2000's touchpad also stopped functioning after I did recent updates. At first, I had no clue what was wrong, I tried using the old touchpad driver, still wouldn't work.

I then reverted back to the old f.02 BIOS and magically, my touchpad started working.

So it seems there is a problem with the new BIOS update that disables the touchpad completely. Because, even if you are not using recent drivers, your touchpad should never completely STOP working.

Any way to let HP know this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation