Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Thomas, sorry MS Fix It did not work.

Here is what I found:

Cause of the Code 43 Error

A Code 43 error is generated when Device Manager stops a hardware device because the hardware reported to Windows that it's having some kind of unspecified problem.

What is the device you are plugging into your USB port to receive this error?

Let me know and I will look further into this for you.

Thanks,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

This is the funny part, I'm not connecting any USB unit to the laptop.. I had the same problem when using HP original install partition. Currently running on a clean windows installation.
It seems like the computer dont recognice a internal HW,  and therfor cant install the driver. Im starting to give up, perhaps I'll have to live with the popup saying " unknow device, unable to install driver".
Sometimes it pop's up every 5 minutes, or several days of "silence".

HP Recommended

Hi Thomas, I see you are not plugging in any USB devices to your laptop, however still are receiving the error message.

I would recommend the following to see if this could resolve the problem for you:

Click here - Troubleshooting USB Connections (Windows 7)

Look under the section - "USB devices are detected by Windows but are not working properly"
- You will see a screen shot of Device Manager and Universal Serial Bus controllers (click on this).
- All of your USB controllers will populate, look to see if there is a yellow exclamation point beside any of them.
- If there is, right click on them and "Update Driver Software".

- Restart your computer and see if this resolves the error message from popping up.

If this does not work, you can also download (if you do not already have it installed) the HP Support Assistant to ensure drivers are up to date and to perform a PC-Tune Up.

HP Support Assistant

Good luck, hope this helps you!

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Kudos Cyclops!
That helps out!
Have a wonderful day!
Mitchell
HP Recommended

Yeah, I have that error message too and my webcam isn't recognized. I did an HP search for driver errors and it didn't give me an option to update that one. I tried searching webcam101 but it looks like that might be win7 only(?). I also tried scanning for hardware changes in the device manager and also troubleshooting through the device manager, both of which failed. I can't seem to find "Microsoft USB Video Device driver" anywhere online except the HP webcam troubleshoot.

Okay, so I typed up this whole thing and then I selected "view -> show hidden devices" and the webcam showed itslef but its cloudy and reads "this hardware device is not connected to the computer"... and Its a slim laptop so I can't open it myslef... I guess I'll have to send it to HP... 😞

HP Recommended

when i setup win7 64bit system 

i find this problem

USB\VID_138A&PID_0007&REV_0072

HP Recommended
USB\VID_138A&PID_0007&REV_0072
USB\VID_138A&PID_0007

my HP EliteBook 8440p: CND119BJZY
win7 last version.
HP Recommended

Port_#0002.Hub_#0003

HP Recommended

I was able to find the missing USB device driver. For my HP Elitebook 850 G1, It was the Intel USB 3.0 Driver for Intel 8 and U/Y Series Products (International) driver.

I had downloaded the Manageability - Driver Pack "HP Z/Elite/Pro G1 Windows 7 x64 Driver Pack" and manually updated every driver possible in the device manager. I still had the unknown USB device showing. I tried the fingerprint reader driver and that didn't work. I tried the Intel Bluetooth Driver and that didn't work. I tried the Intel Chipset Installation Utility and it didn't find any new drivers to install.

When I downloaded and ran the Intel USB 3.0 Driver for Intel 8, it found the driver and installed about 6 other devices.

My Universal Serial Bus Controllers list now shows:

Generic USB Hub

Intel(R) 8 Series USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 - 9C26

Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller

Intel(R) USB 3.0 Root Hub

USB 2.0 MTT Hub

USB 3.0 Hub

USB Composite Device

USB Root Hub

A couple new Network Adapters:

Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)

Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)

and Bluetooth Radios:

Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) 4.0 Adapter

Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator

Hope this helps others save some time... Happy driver hunting!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.