Mouse pad doesnt work (258 Views)
Intern
mztee01
Message 1 of 4 (258 Views)

Mouse pad doesnt work

How do you reinstall the mouse pad when you cant click the i accept button to reinstall the the driver?:smileysad:

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (255 Views)

Re: Mouse pad doesnt work

[ Edited ]

If your notebook is still in warranty contact HP.

Look at the top left under the HP logo for a contact URL

Please identify your notebook/pc with more than the series number.

Look at the base/rear/side of the notebook/pc at the barcoded sticker.

Post items numbered 1 and 2 on the following image. Your barcode may be slightly different but will still have the important imformation needed for us to help you.  

###Do not post the serial number as it is personal information.###
c01931836.gif
Post the installed operating system version ( and whether it is 32 or 64-bit )

Not posting the information as requested will delay our responses and troubleshooting of the issue that led you to author a thread.

Best regards,

erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Intern
mztee01
Message 3 of 4 (226 Views)

[ Edited ]

product HP Mini 110

[Personal Information Removed]

p/n  VF704AV 

I am using windows xp.  I tried to see if it was still under warranty, but when I put in information says cant find. Did it  3X'S  same thing then I decided to see if this would help.  If I could just find a way to check the I agree button I could install it again, but I cant move the mouse to check it.  I tried using my mouse from my desktop that wouldnt work and since I have not added my mini to my network of computers I cant access the mini remotely, so I am lost .

Thank you in advance. 

L Taylor

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 4 (213 Views)

[ Edited ]

You should be able to plug in a USB mouse and use it as a temporary solution. An intact Windows XP installation should recognize it and install the driver on its own.

Are you able to get to a command prompt?

Type in sfc /scannow and press enter. That will invoke the system file checker, which will inspect all of the OS system files and replace those it deems as corrupt or otherwise damaged. From the descripttion I am piecing together from you it sounds like your netbook has a broken operating system. The system file checker could very well be the utility you need to run to fix your OS.

Here is the link to the Service and Maintenence guide for your notebook series. The touchpad is a part of the top cover (without the keyboard). 

Look at the receipt for your mini. If it has been less than a year, you should still have warranty coverage.

Best regards,
erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation