01-30-2011 12:43 PM
Has anyone else had this issue?
The amber light built into the mute key (f11) is not illuminating when I press the key.
Sound is muted when I press key, and un-muted when pressed again.
On-screen pop-up volume control is displayed correctly.
preloaded with Win7 64bit, home premium.
The WiFi radio key (f12) still illuminates white or amber.
Just started doing this, previously was working. Laptop purchased new in August 2010.
Light stopped working just after I Installed Oracle/Java NetBeans IDE 6.9.1
After installing NetBeans, I also noticed the QuickWeb did not start at boot. I have fixed this using QuickWeb setup in windows.
Anyone know what hardware driver controls the mute key light?
01-30-2011 03:04 PM
Sometimes electrical components needs to have all power sources removed and reintroduced to work properly. Try performing a hard reset first, if it doesn't work then we'll move to the next step.
To Perform A Hard Reset
- Shut down the computer by going to the Start menu and selecting shut down. (If you have no display, hold the power button down for 5 seconds)
- Disconnect the AC Adapter from the notebook.
- Remove the battery from the bottom of the notebook. There will be a switch/button to eject the battery.
- Wait at least 1 minute with all power sources disconnected.
- Re-insert the battery and reconnect the AC Adapter and then attempt to power on the notebook.
02-13-2011 12:21 PM
Solved Problem. )
Found another post that indicated problem caused by IDT Audio driver update.
Rolled-back driver, now key light illuminates amber when mute, and off when un-muted.
Interestingly HP total care software indicated (today) to update the IDT driver.
I went ahead and let it update.
Still working, even after a restart. Will try complete power down next....