Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My Laptop was working fine. It was plugged in as to charge the battery. I went to bed, got up the next day to use my laptop. I pushed the power button and nothing happens. I made sure the battery was seated correctly and also the plug into the laptop and wall. I also tryed diffrent outlets in my home and nothing.

The only thing I ca tell you is that when I press the power button the light next to the power input blinks (3) times and then stops. Nothing more happens. That is all the information I can provide.

So can you please help me find a solution? My warranty has since expired.

S/N [Personal Information Removed]

P/N G6U51UA#ABA

Model: M7-K111DX

V/R

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Visruth,

I went and looked in the end of the power connector where it connects into the computer, and found the center pin on the power adapter was bent to oneside and this prevented it from seating correctly within the laptop.

I used a flat screw driver from an Eye Glass repair kit and bent it back to the middle.   Vala!

Everything is working fine, computer turned on and battery is charging.

I want to thank you for research and suggestions into my search for answers.

V/R

Scott

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Scott

What happens when you plug in AC adapter power alone , removing battery?

Do a hard reset and try powering on.

The orange blinks at the power connector LED usually indicates low battery. What is the age of the battery?

Regards

Visruth

HP Recommended

Visruth,

Thank you for your quick response.  I have removed thae battery and used just the A/C cord, but get the same blinking light.

I follwed the Hard Reset and the same happens.

The light is white and blinks three times fast.

Nothing more happens.

The date on the battery stated: 2014/09

V/R

Scott

HP Recommended

Visruth,

I went and looked in the end of the power connector where it connects into the computer, and found the center pin on the power adapter was bent to oneside and this prevented it from seating correctly within the laptop.

I used a flat screw driver from an Eye Glass repair kit and bent it back to the middle.   Vala!

Everything is working fine, computer turned on and battery is charging.

I want to thank you for research and suggestions into my search for answers.

V/R

Scott

HP Recommended

You're very welcome!

Glad the issue us sorted out quickly 🙂

Thank you for letting us know.

Cheers!

Visruth
HP Recommended

I had the same issue.  Thank you for posting the solution!!!

HP Recommended
Omg.... I can't believe it was this easy. Thank you for sharing this. I tore my laptop apart literally looking for issues and found NONE!! Exasperated I searched one more time and found this post...looked at my power supply and voila!!. That stupid pin was offset from center. Did exactly as instructed and it powered right on...right on!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.