Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
so isnt anybody gonna help me...i still cant turn on my computer. kam on guys am freaking out here
HP Recommended

@joecashoware,

What is the product number?

You mention the system is continuously powering off and on.  What is the last image on the screen before it power cycles again?

Have you tried without the battery installed?  By chance, do you have another AC charger to use for testing purposes?

Try a hard reset as it may help with this issue.  Remove the battery, charger, and any other devices connected to the unit.  Hold the power button for 30-60 seconds.  Reinsert the battery, the charger and attempt to power it on. 

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

the Charger light shows  , the Caps Lock  and also the wireless light shows .. i hear the noise of the fan too. but wouldnt display .. i have tried the 30 seconds reset .. but still wouldnt show .. i have tried connecting it with my monitor too . still .. can you please help me .

HP Recommended

@kscott12,

Is the caps lock light a solid white light or is it blinking in a pattern?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended
This is what happens with my laptop could you please help most the time after I restart it alot itll come back on but it hasnt yet
HP Recommended

to anyone i am having same problem as Dukes82 my g6 will not start up with the power button, but will start by pressing f5 and holding down ctrl,alt and delete buttons  and yes the white light flashes under the caps lock button when i try to start it, any help would be apreciated, regards john128

HP Recommended

Hi

My HP laptop is not turning on. Model Info: HP Pavilion G6.

I disasembled the piece and observing that when i remove the 'power on' button connection, then i am seeing 'white light' at DC pulg point. otherwise, no light is coming.

does it mean that there is issue in 'power on button' ?

any more trouble shooting options ?

thanks

MSPK

HP Recommended

I have a HP pavillion g6 series, i go to turn it on and the caps?number lock blink, also the f12 key lights up.. No screen.. Any suggestions on how to resolve this problem? Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I have a Pavillion G6. 

I had the problem where I would turn my laptop on and nothing would happen. I could hear the fan going and my a few lights were blinking (Caps Lock and Wifi) but the screen would be black suggesting the operating system wasn't booting up. 

This indicades a component failure.  I turned the power off and took the battery out. I then took the back off my laptop and removed the RAM (memory component). I had two RAM chips so I took one out and started my laptop. Nothing had changed. 

I then put this chip back in and removed the other one. I started my laptop and it worked! Although it is now running on half the RAM it didnt really slow my laptop down much and is usable without it. I called HP Support who is now sending me a replacement to the faulty RAM chip. 

If you don't know what the RAM chip looks like then google it, it was easy to access but is a little fiddly to remove so becareful you don't break it. 

I would suggest doing the same. If it doesnt work then you can change the ports the chip goes in to see if it is a port problem. 

I tried everything on this forum but nothing seemed to work so I hope this helps you all! 

HP Recommended
Hi,

I have a Pavillion G6.

I had the problem where I would turn my laptop on and nothing would happen. I could hear the fan going and my a few lights were blinking (Caps Lock and Wifi) but the screen would be black suggesting the operating system wasn't booting up.

This indicades a component failure. I turned the power off and took the battery out. I then took the back off my laptop and removed the RAM (memory component). I had two RAM chips so I took one out and started my laptop. Nothing had changed.

I then put this chip back in and removed the other one. I started my laptop and it worked! Although it is now running on half the RAM it didnt really slow my laptop down much and is usable without it. I called HP Support who is now sending me a replacement to the faulty RAM chip.

If you don't know what the RAM chip looks like then google it, it was easy to access but is a little fiddly to remove so becareful you don't break it.

I would suggest doing the same. If it doesnt work then you can change the ports the chip goes in to see if it is a port problem.

I tried everything on this forum but nothing seemed to work so I hope this helps you all!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.