Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi

My Pavilion G6 wont turn on.  The fan starts and the Caps Lock flashes, but the screen stays blank.  Please help.

Thanks

HP Recommended
Hi my hp pavilion won't turn on. I hadn't used it for a while and turned it on the screen made a strange picture then cut off. No fans start up when i press the on button on the caps lock and on button are a blue colour. Is my screen broke I've tried all the restart options and nothing is working 😩
HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  My capslock does flash.  What does this mean?

HP Recommended
I followed the steps above and nothing. My caps lock light is blinking & the LED light is on.
HP Recommended
help please i need to do s project ! 😞
HP Recommended
My Pavilion g6 laptop which is just over a year old has suddenly stopped working. Last night I shut it down and put it beside my bed (on its side - could this have been the problem?) and this morning there are absolutely no signs of life! No lights anywhere, no sounds, nothing! I have checked the power cord and tried taking the battery out and holding down the power button, still no change. Please help I have 3 months worth of photos of my baby girl that I really don't want to lose!!
HP Recommended

Hey HP,

I have a big problem... I was cleaning my friends pavilion g6-1225sm and i forgot to plug in my speakers.  I took it apart again, connected te speaker jack back on, but speaker weren't working. I found a solution here on your forum, I unistalled Idt sound driver, shut down laptop, but insted I first disconected the battery and Ac, I have hold down power on button for 30 seconds with battery and ac on. Now laptop wont power on at all.....

Please help,

Thank you.

HP Recommended

ok so last night i disasemballed my little brothers laptop its the pavilion g6-2106nr notebook pc. i fixed the proplem and when we went to turn it back on the screen wont turn on. the power button light comes on and so does the so does the the light next to the charger. please help

HP Recommended

HP Pavilions are notorious for this type of problem, which in older models is normally due to repeated overheating. How old is your laptop? If it is no longer in warranty, then your repair options can be quite costly. I had a Pavilion dv6000 which after 2 years use suddenly gave me the same problem. Check out this link: www.fixyourlaptopyourself.com. It explains how you can fix it yourself - unusual technique, but it worked for me.

HP Recommended

my hp pavilion g6 model:hstnn-i94c wont turn on. when on batterry power no responce when on charger just a white led light next to the charging port. pleas help!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.