Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

my pavilion g6 wifi & bluetooth problam

HP Recommended
please help me with this because my laptop suddenly cannot connect to any wifi I keep on trying to find a way how to connect couldnt it alwys say the WIRELESS CAOABILITY IS OFF and the local area connection adapter is disable
HP Recommended

Hello dothy,

I see that you cannot connect to a wireless network, that your getting a message that wireless is off and the lan adapter is disabled. I will try to assist you with this.

I would like you to start by going into Device Manger on your notebook. In here click the "+" by network adapters. Right click on anything listed and see if "enable" is an option in the pop up menu's. If it is click on this.
If enable was not listed, please let me know what was listed under network adapters (screen shot would be amazing).

Thank you for posting on the HP forums.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi Futoji,

I'm similarly having the same problem- One minute I was browsing google maps, the next I can no longer access the internet through wifi. I have a HP Pavillion laptop, unsure on the type, but I've had this less than six months. It's suggesting that I connect to the internet through an ethernet cable and seems to no longer have any wifi capabilites at all- which, I'm sure you'll agree, rather defeats the point of a laptop!!

There's absolutely nothing coming up regarding wireless anywhere on my computer, I've done a virus scan and nothing has come up, and I've scanned for hardware changes, and nothing has changed. It's only recognising that it has ethernet capabilities. This is a screenshot of my network adapters, if it helps at all.
http://i57.tinypic.com/2i974gk.png

Is there any hope? Or is it possible that there's an issue with the motherboard?

HP Recommended

Hi christidaae,

I don't think it's the system board, but it could be an issue with the wireless adapter itself or even the operating system.

I would suggest trying the document that's for your OS to test the hardware first:
    Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 7, Vista)
    Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 😎

For any other suggestions on the issue could you please provide the model and product numbers as well as the currently installed operating system.

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

HP Recommended

Hi Futoji!

Thanks very much, but it seemed that those suggestions didnt work- when I was plugged in with an ethernet cable, it came up with no issues, but when I unplugged the ethernet cable, it came up with 'a network cable wasn't plugged in or was broken.'

Here's a screenshot: http://i59.tinypic.com/msgnwi.png

Even though it says it came up with an automatic fix, it still didnt work. 

Currently, I have Windows 8 installed, and my model is a HP Pavillion 15 Notebook, and my Product number is  F7R53EA#ABU.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm not clear on what "didn't work" from my last post. The document provided was for you to test the wireless hardware. Did the program that allows you to test not work? Or do you mean it didn't fix your issue. This it wouldn't do, it's not an "fix it" application. It's to test to see if the hardware is working or not. If the hardware is not, then it needs to be replaced. On that note what were the results from testing the wireless hardware?? Did it pass or fail?

HP Recommended

Hi please help urgently... my laptop wont connect to the internet. it does detect networks but says "there is not internet access"... what can i do

HP Recommended

hi im using a pavilion g6-1076si laptop and it wont connect to the net.  please help urgently. thank you

HP Recommended

MyHPPavillionotebookwon'tconnecttotheinternetwifi,pleasehelpmodel#17-e017cl

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.