Question
My HP Pavilion g6 Laptop won't connect to the wifi.
Replies (80)

Top Student
Traci24
Message 31 of 81 (2,672 Views)

Re: My HP Pavilion g6 Laptop won't connect to the wifi.

My daughter's pavilion g6 wont connect to the internet.

It says "no connections are available" which is not true cause mine shows several available.

Can anyone help me fix this?

HP Support Agent
Lil_Lisa27
Message 32 of 81 (2,669 Views)

Hello,

I understand that you are trying to get your daughters computer to connect to the internet. I would like to assist you with this, but first I would need a bit more information. What is the full model number of your daughter's notebook. I have included the document, 'Guide to finding your product number'. As well what version of Windows is she running. I have included the document 'Which Windows operating system am I running?'.

Thank you

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Traci24
Message 33 of 81 (2,666 Views)

Lisa: product number is B7S84UA
She is running Windows 7
HP Support Agent
Lil_Lisa27
Message 34 of 81 (2,652 Views)

Hi Traci24,

Thank you for the information. I have included the following document 'Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)'. This document is more specific to your daughters computer. Please follow all the steps in order for the best resolution.

Please let me know if this works, thank you.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
Student
Maharris12
Message 35 of 81 (2,624 Views)

I am having the same issue I think, the light next to my wireless button is orange not blue like it usually is.
My product number is VM076UA#ABA
HP Support Agent
Lil_Lisa27
Message 36 of 81 (2,605 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for the information of your notebook. I have included the following specific document 'Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)'. This will take you through different troubleshooting steps and settings specific to your model.

Please let me know if this resolves your connection issue, thank you.

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
damini7
Message 37 of 81 (2,529 Views)

The model of my laptop is hp pavilion g6 I have really strong wi fi. It just locates the name and says wrong password.
When I know its not ..kindly help! It's very annoying !
Honor Student
damini7
Message 38 of 81 (2,528 Views)

And to top it a it even fails to locate WiFi ; networks.
HP Support Agent
Lil_Lisa27
Message 39 of 81 (2,480 Views)

Hello damini7,

I would like to confirm a bit of information with you. First off what is the full model number of your notebook. I have included the document 'Guide to finding your product number'. What version of Windows are you currently running? I have included the document 'Which Windows operating system am I running?'. When you do search for available networks, are you able to find your network?

Thank you.

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
sharwatkabir
Message 40 of 81 (2,405 Views)

I'm using a wireless network on my hp laptop. Sometimes, I faced a problem  on my laptop. If, the router is turned off, my laptop can't find the network when the router is turned on. It occurs few times but not alway. When the problem occurs, I have already tried system restore and nothing happened. I have also tried a command prompt thing which didnt work. And I tried reinstall network driver. But problem not solved. This type of problem happens only my laptop beacouse at that same time i browse internet on my android by the network. My friends Acer laptop  also fine. Problem is only my laptop. Please help to get me out from this pain!!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation