Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi @ejp80, 

I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hi I my laptop recently developed this same "left side hinge breaking open the case" problem and I've seen that you have been reaching out to people with this problem with a private message and was hopeing you could help me as well. 

HP Recommended

Can you help me too?  I'm having the same issue.   [Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended
I had the same issue with my Envy, just out of warranty, for no apparent reason the left hinge broke. Should be a recall from what I see here but I was charged $164 for the repair. Hp sent a box to pick it up, hoping I see it again someday.

Good luck
HP Recommended

I actually posted on the wrong discussion, though.  I'm having an issue with my HP Pavillion m6.  The screen is coming up off of the hinge.

HP Recommended

@zahostetter 

@StephMartin 

@midnightcove 

Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have sent you a private message. If you’re unsure how to check your private messages please click here.
Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

Just like everyone else, my HP Pavilion laptop left hinge recently broke. I purchased it approximately a year ago, and unfortunately, it's no longer under warranty. I'm pretty disappointed because this seems to be a result of a major design flaw. 

I can no longer transport my laptop to school (I'm a student) as a result of this broken hinge, and it is quite frustrating.

I will not be making any purchases from HP in the future. 

HP Recommended

Good Morning Leafs29, :generic:

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hi i am currently having a similar issue where the hinge is broken but instead the screen wont flip fully up. is there any way i can fix this?

thanks keenan

HP Recommended

@keenanmorley1 ‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.