My HP pavilion dv9000 will not power up...all the lights go on when i press power but it wont stay (713 Views)
Student
ttbar
Message 1 of 2 (713 Views)

My HP pavilion dv9000 will not power up...all the lights go on when i press power but it wont stay

My HP pavilion dv9000 will not power up...all the lights go on when i press power but it wont stay on...it just shuts down.

Student
S33K3R
Message 2 of 2 (275 Views)

Re: My HP pavilion dv9000 will not power up...all the lights go on when i press power but it wont st

Any luck finding an answer? I've got same issue. Following removal of power, press the power button and it tries to start for about a quarter second and turns off. Usually can get it up after an hour or so of playing with it and then it's fine until the next time I remove power. Tried Tech Support while still under warranty to get a new PSU, they indicated nothing was wrong- it was MY fault for not physically unplugging the PC every night- "for the betterment of the computer's health" were his exact words as I remember. Holding the power button in for 60 seconds with everything unplugged was another thing they'd recommended this also doesn't work. I suppose in another 45 minutes it will magically start up, I'll leave it plugged in for 6 months and then run into this again when I have to rearrange cords.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation