Question

Honor Student
bigjake64
Message 1 of 5 (1,229 Views)

My Touchpad Won't Work

OK, so I have an HP DV6 6104nr. I powered it up and the blue light around the touchpad was on, but the touchpad wouldnt work. I have no idea what's wrong, I tried reinstalling the driver, I tried doing a system recovery, and I tried installing a new touchpad, but had no success. Could there be something wrong with my motherboard? Any help is much appreciated.

Honor Student
bigjake64
Message 2 of 5 (1,223 Views)

Re: My Touchpad Won't Work

I forgot to add that my touchpad isnt showing up in device manager.

Tutor
rodneybrew
Message 3 of 5 (1,194 Views)

Honor Student
bigjake64
Message 4 of 5 (1,183 Views)

thanks but it didn't work

Distinguished Professor
RedRose0528
Message 5 of 5 (1,158 Views)

Hello,

I understand the touchpad is not working.

I do see you already tried the reinstalling the drivers, running a full system recovery and installing another touchpad, and the device still doesn’t show in the device manager. At this point I believe there is an issue with motherboard.

You have done everything we would have asked for you to do. If the notebook is still under warranty I would recommend you call the HP help desk at 800-474-6836. If the notebook is not covered you could possibly still give the PC repaired at a certain fee. The cost varies depend on the PC and the configuration.  

Please respond at your earliest convenience with any additional questions.

Thanks 

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation