Question

Student
sora4913
Message 1 of 1 (90 Views)

My down key is stuck.

I've been using my laptop for two years and a couple of months, and today the down key suddenly decided to stop working. What happens is: I tap it lightly, it doesn't work, I push it hard, it goes down, jams, and sends the cursor flying all the way down.

It's a bigger problem than it sounds because I'm a literature major and do a lot of reading and writing on my laptop. Not being able to go up and down easily is a big pain in the neck. It's also right in the middle of the semester, so I'd really prefer not to have to send it off for repairs or have to buy a new one.
I know it's getting a little old - intend to go through laptops in a couple of years - and the down key has done ten or twenty times the duty of the other keys, so that's probably why.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what to do? Or any advice at all, really, I'm prett desperate.
I live in Japan, though, that might make it hard to find somewhere to fix it or send it off to be fixed.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation