NEED WINDOWS VISTA HOME BASIC PRODUCT KEY (8943 Views)
Tutor
beckya88
Message 1 of 10 (8,943 Views)

NEED WINDOWS VISTA HOME BASIC PRODUCT KEY

Hi i'm looking for a valid windows home basic product key does anyone have one please?
Provost
erico
Message 2 of 10 (8,937 Views)

Re: NEED WINDOWS VISTA HOME BASIC PRODUCT KEY

If you have a notebook or PC that came delivered with it, then it  should be on a Microsoft sticker on the PC or bottom of the notebook.

If someone inadvertently or otherwise removed or damaged the sticker, then you will most likely have to purchase an Microsoft Windows installation DVD for the operating system. 

Best regards,

erico

****If my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
beckya88
Message 3 of 10 (8,933 Views)

When i reset my laptop i used a home basic dvd when my laptop had been set to home premium so it doesn't work! I only realised that today though
Provost
erico
Message 4 of 10 (8,931 Views)

beckya88 wrote:
When i reset my laptop i used a home basic dvd when my laptop had been set to home premium so it doesn't work! I only realised that today though

OK. So why not use the recovery media that you made to recover it to the riginal operating system?

Regards,

erico

****If my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****

Tutor
beckya88
Message 5 of 10 (8,929 Views)

Good thinking! If i can find it i will
Tutor
beckya88
Message 6 of 10 (8,910 Views)

It wont let me access my laptop atall unless i put this product key in. Its coming up with a black screen and in the bottom right hand corner it says this is not a real version of vista!
Provost
erico
Message 7 of 10 (8,905 Views)

The product key should be on a Microsoft Windows sticker on the bottom of your notebook.

When does this problem happen?
Is it when you are recovering your notebook with the recovery disk set?

regards,
erico

Tutor
beckya88
Message 8 of 10 (8,901 Views)

That key dont work i've just reset the laptop with the operating system recovery dvd but i cant keep doing that every 31 days!
Provost
erico
Message 9 of 10 (8,882 Views)

[ Edited ]

If the Microsoft Windows COA sticker is the original one and you are using the HP recovery disk set this is very unlikely to happen

Are you using an installation DVD not created by your notebook?

If you cannot find the recovery disk set then I recommend that you order one from HP. The set is quite inexpensive.

If HP no longer has the recovery disk set for your notebook you should be able to order it from Computersurgeons.

Best regards,
erico

Tutor
beckya88
Message 10 of 10 (8,845 Views)

Thanks ill have a look about and the dvd is one someone lent me a windows vista home basic
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation