Question

Honor Student
GaaV
Message 1 of 6 (251 Views)

New Battery Drains When Laptop is Shutdown

I have recently purchased a new 12 cell battery for my HP Pavilion DV7.  I fully charge it and then turn the laptop off at night.  The next morning the battery level is down to  about 50% .  When I remove the fully charged battery from the laptop, it does not drain.  Any reason, comments?  Thanks.  GaaV

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 2 of 6 (241 Views)

Re: New Battery Drains When Laptop is Shutdown

Hello GaaV:
Welcome to HP's forum. We need your computer's complete information so we can provide you the correct trouble shooting steps for your HP Dv7-????? ?? Windows ? ?? bits. Please press Ctrl, Alt and s. Your computer's information will display. Follow my example mine are HP Pavilion dv7t-7000 CTO Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and HP Touchsmart 600-1050 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Thank you frrw. I will check back later to see if you have provided your computer's information.
Honor Student
GaaV
Message 3 of 6 (227 Views)

Hello FRRW,

Ctrl-Alt-S does not make any changes to my screen.  (why?)  Is there any other way to access the computer information?  The OS is Windows 7 Home edition.  It is 64 Bits system.  I really appreciate your help.  GaaV

Honor Student
beck25
Message 4 of 6 (154 Views)

Hi. I bought mine 2 wks ago and got same problem- battery fully charged then shut it down and when i open it again, no charge at all. HP pavillion AMD A6-5200APU with Radeon 2ghz,4gb RAM, 64bit  Operating system, full windows touch.

hope you can help me with this.

Thank you

Beck25

Honor Student
beck25
Message 5 of 6 (153 Views)

it's windows 8 by the way

thanks

Beck25

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 6 of 6 (142 Views)

Hello beck25:
Your laptop is under a one year warranty contact HP Direct Support and get them to fix it. Or take it back to the store and exchange for another one. Most stores has 30 day return policy. If it was me I would take back and exchange it and let the store deal with HP Direct Support. Who knows what other issues it has. frrw
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation