Question

Honor Student
camane007
Message 1 of 2 (1,130 Views)

No power to hp g7000 laptop, no light on power jack, no fan noise nothing.?

No power to hp g7000 laptop, no light on power jack, no fan noise nothing.?

i am having some trouble trying to get my hp g7000 laptop to power up, i have replaced the power supply unit still no go, there is no light on the power jack connector, no fan noise or anything, i have tried the hard reset, still nothing, could someone please give me an idea of what the problem could be?

Additional Details
i have tested the power supply and that is fine so i know there is power going into the jack. i dont have a battery to test laptop with as this one i have has no charge and with no power it cant charge.im sure a laptop should work even with a duff battery when using power supply.
Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 2 of 2 (1,105 Views)

Re: No power to hp g7000 laptop, no light on power jack, no fan noise nothing.?

Hello camane007.  I understand you're unable to get your notebook to turn on or charge.

You've already tried the hard reset which is the first step in this sort of situation.  However, there isn't a lot of advice to be offered through the forums other than that.  You will to have this notebook looked at, in person, by a technician.  It could be a motherboard short or the charging board for the power supply; it is hard to tell. 

If the notebook isn't in warranty I suggest taking it to a local computer repair center.  A lot of the time these stores will diagnose the issue while you're in the store.  If the notebook is in warranty (you can check here) then I suggest contacting HP Support.  If you're in the US/Canada the number is 1-800-474-6836.  If you're in another part of the world you'll need to visit HP Support Worldwide to get your region's contact information.

I hope this is helpful; have an excellent night!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation