Question

Student
TedK789
Message 1 of 5 (14,792 Views)

Noisy Fan on HP Laptop

I have a persistent noisy fan. I contacted HP support and then ran me through a bios upgrade and power management update and it solved it for a day or so but is back again. It sounds like the fan is a house fan that is unbalanced slightly. Any way to correct the issue?  HELP

Student
mzkelbee
Message 2 of 5 (14,781 Views)

Re: Noisy Fan on HP Laptop

I have this same problem. I just purchased this laptop and it's very disappointing, I may be returning!

PhD Student
GeorgeFN
Message 3 of 5 (14,769 Views)

I ran across this thread about noisy fans on the forum from some time ago.  There are some interesting ideas.  Maybe something in this thread will be of assistance.

http://getsatisfaction.com/hp/topics/hp_laptop_fan_is_runing_with_loud_noice

GeorgeFN
I work on behalf of HP.
Honor Student
alafur
Message 4 of 5 (7,057 Views)

I have an HP Pavillion DM1 with a dual AMD chip. The fan suddenly became very noisy and seems t be running all the time at top speed. It sounds like a car engine in a video game and my shaver is quieter! Its impossible to wor with it at the mmoment. Anyway I assumed the fan was shot and took it out. Was fine, no dust cloggin it either. So I booted up the machine and let the fan run out of the housing - it was almost silent. There is nothing wrong wth the fan motor. I put it back in and the noise was there again. as far as I can tell this is a vibration noise - maybe its the fan that is warped maybe the board it is fixed to. If so this is VERY poor design. Shame on you HP - there are lots of people complainging abotu noisy fans in their laptop.  IS THERE A FIX FOR THIS OTHER THAN BUY ANOTHER BRAND AND AVOID hp FOREVERMORE??

(My pc isd only 4 months old by the way!)

Honor Student
alafur
Message 5 of 5 (7,056 Views)

This is not the fan George it is vibration noise caused by the running of the fan. My fan runs silently but when secured back in the laptop the racet is immense. Also, why is it heating up so mjuch and focring the fan to run on full tilt????

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation