Notebook won't startup (1430 Views)
Honor Student
Babzzy
Message 1 of 4 (1,430 Views)

Notebook won't startup

I know my best bet is to do a system recovery. But I wanna try everything before that happens. I have a hp pavilion dv7. And it won't start up. The symbol will come up but then the screen will turn black with numbers at the top. I've done the start up repair many times in it won't work. Advice to what I should do?
Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (1,406 Views)

Re: Notebook won't startup

Babzzy wrote:
I know my best bet is to do a system recovery. But I wanna try everything before that happens. I have a hp pavilion dv7. And it won't start up. The symbol will come up but then the screen will turn black with numbers at the top. I've done the start up repair many times in it won't work. Advice to what I should do?

What symbol will come up?

What are the numbers on the display? that is a error message.

try a hard reset:

Remove the battery and unplug the DC power adapter.
press and hold the power button for more than fifteen seconds.
plug in the DC power adapter (leave the battery out for now)
press the power button

post your results here please.

Best regards,
erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
Babzzy
Message 3 of 4 (1,394 Views)

The hp symbol will come up. Then the windows error recovery comes up after. Gives me the option to launch startup repair and start windows Normally. Both don't work. If I do option 2 it will start up with the Microsoft corporation then turn black and it start counting down and then it will stop at !! Oxco190036 !! 605/78762 (dhcpcsv6.dll) and it will remain like that.

Ok I tried the reset and the same thing. and all of this happened after a update was done on the computer.
Provost
erico
Message 4 of 4 (1,360 Views)

[ Edited ]

HI,

Babzzy wrote:
The hp symbol will come up. Then the windows error recovery comes up after. Gives me the option to launch startup repair and start windows Normally. Both don't work. If I do option 2 it will start up with the Microsoft corporation then turn black and it start counting down and then it will stop at !! Oxco190036 !! 605/78762 (dhcpcsv6.dll) and it will remain like that.

Ok I tried the reset and the same thing. and all of this happened after a update was done on the computer.

Try another start. As soon as you press the power button start tapping F8. The objective is to get into Safe Mode. Once in safe mode it is time to try a Windows System restore to a time before the update.

Which OS is installed?

Best regards,
erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation