OUCH! MicroShaft's "Windows Easy Transfer" is "unable to continue" PLUS: OE6-to-Outlook -- HOW?? (750 Views)
Honor Student
jjznewbie
Message 1 of 1 (750 Views)

OUCH! MicroShaft's "Windows Easy Transfer" is "unable to continue" PLUS: OE6-to-Outlook -- HOW??

Laptop Newbie again here, trying to get old desktop data including OE6 email/addrs onto new HP Laptop:

1) MS's miracle "Windows Easy Transfer" lives up to maker's rep -- I can't get it past "Windows Easy Transfer is unable to continue -- please reboot the computer and try again" after downloading it from MS and from W-7 on my new laptop.

Am I unclean??

By the bye --

2) word has it that Outlook Express email data/settings are near impossible to move to Outlook on the HP laptop under W-7.  Word is you have to export/import into Windows Live Mail first, then import from there into Outlook.

2a) Anyone have a magic bullet here? 

2b) If it's all this much grief, should I be using Outlook for email?  I had to buy it extra, its not in Office or OE anymore.  I was told it was the only emailer "compatible" with my old email files/folders, but if it ain't, doesn't anyone offer an equal or better basic email system?  I use 8 e-ddresses, could use a few more but am NOT a power user of any sort, certainly not commo.

THANKS for any wisdom on either Q1 or Q2/a/b above....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation