Question

Tutor
vdolcourt
Message 1 of 3 (78 Views)

PNP PX Device association failed

I used to be able to connect to my wireless printer (Canon) from my HP Envy running Windows 8.1. However, it stopped working. I removed the driver and attempted to re-install it. The computer recognizes the printer but when I go to re-install the driver (downloads from Microsoft) the setup fails. The test is something close to "Device Association Failed."

I've re-booted the laptop, but that doesn't have any effect.

Any ideas for fixing this problem? Thank you in advance.

HP Support Agent
Great-Deku-Tree
Message 2 of 3 (49 Views)

Re: PNP PX Device association failed

Hello @vdolcourt ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you;re having issues installing your Canon printer.

I think your questions would get better answers from Canon support as the issue lies with installing their printer. You can contact Canon support here: Canon - Support & Drivers.

The best I could suggest would be to follow this guide for adding a network printer, if this isn't already what you're trying:

Install a printer.

PNP typically refers to Plug-n-Play meaning it can't do something automatically. You may need to download the drivers from Canon instead of using the Windows Add Printer wizard.

Hopefully Canon can provide some better answers. :smileyhappy:

The Great Deku Tree
I work on behalf of HP.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Tutor
vdolcourt
Message 3 of 3 (42 Views)

Re: PNP PX Device association failed

Thank you for the email and the solution.

Yes, I had tried that very approach. Unfortunately, that did not seem to clear the problem. Nor did multiple re-boots and cold starts. It was at that time I posed to the forum.

Sometime later that same day, I restarted the computer and decided to take a look at Devices and Printers again. The wireless printer was accessible just like before all of the problems happened. I don't have a clue as to what fixed the problem. The good news is that the computer talks to the printer.

Thank you again for replying to my post.

Vic

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation