Question

Honor Student
jewall884
Message 1 of 4 (412 Views)

Password issues with Compaq Presario CQ62

My laptop was running a little slow, so I restarted it, which usually takes care of the problem.  When I tried to enter my password to log back in, I keep getting the error "user name or password is incorrect".  I know I'm entering the right password, does anyone know how to bypass entering the password, or how to disable the password? I can't get any farther than the Windows 7 home screen where you have to pick a user name and enter a password.

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 2 of 4 (404 Views)

Re: Password issues with Compaq Presario CQ62

Have you tried using onscreen keyboard in windows 7 welcome screen ?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Type-without-using-the-keyboard-On-Screen-Keyboard

On left hand side of welcome screen, click ease of access button and select option - "type without keyboard" and see if that helps. 

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Honor Student
jewall884
Message 3 of 4 (393 Views)

I have tried that as well, it didn't work either.  I'm guessing I will have to call HP and see what they can do for me, I still have a warranty, so hopefully it's something that will be covered.

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 4 of 4 (383 Views)

As you are facing same issue with onscreen keyboard as well, that rules out that internal keyboard on the Notebook is working fine and probably you must be typing incorrect password or you must have forgotten your windows password.

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation